Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fish sediment

Members

Re: Fish sediment

In my system, I pump from the sump tank (under the GBs) into the FT. The pumped water runs up a 1/2 CPVC pipe (because it fit the pickup hose of the pump) it then goes to 1/2 reg PVC with a 90 elbow going to 1 one inch pipe. The 90 elbow has a small hole drilled in it. The theory is the water going down the bigger pipe sucks air into the small hole. This air is forced down the 1 inch pipe and I would imagine that the air is violently opposed to being forced down 6 inches of pipe. I know that air goes down the pipe because I see tiny bubbles emmitted from the bottom of the pipe.

Members

Re: Fish sediment

I'm not sure if you were able to straighten your problem out. Did you add the SLO that seems to be the thing to do from the jump and is very efficient. I would do one more thing that would benefit your fish and plants and also keep the fish poo stirred more and that would be trying to get more water movement in my fish tank. Your water will be stirred up more which will also give your fish more current which they will benefit from and also possibly add more oxygen to everything bc of the extra water movement on top of the water.