Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ferrocement

ferrocement

We are going to be doing an end of spring ferrocement workshop. I want to see who is still interested and what their schedule is like before we lock in a date.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Re: ferrocement

I'm in for a definite maybe!

Me too.....hope I can get a chance to attend.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Are you looking for a cost effective way to build a large aquaponics system?

Look no further, ferrocement is a great solution!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrocement

Using a variety of learned techniques and a few tools you can build integral or freestanding tanks and growbeds to meet many needs. Coated with a potable water paint, these systems will not only stand the test of time, but they won't break the bank.

Workshop will be hands on - you should plan on getting dirty.
    This is an ALL DAY Class with limited availability, so please reserve your space ASAP. Class Date: June 18, 2011

Cost of the workshop is $75.00 which includes garden fresh lunch and take home Ferrocement How To Manual.

Please email your information or contact us via PM.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by stucco
    Are you looking for a cost effective way to build a large aquaponics system?

Look no further, ferrocement is a great solution!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrocement

Using a variety of learned techniques and a few tools you can build integral or freestanding tanks and growbeds to meet many needs. Coated with a potable water paint, these systems will not only stand the test of time, but they won't break the bank.

Workshop will be hands on - you should plan on getting dirty.
    This is an ALL DAY Class with limited availability, so please reserve your space ASAP. Class Date: June 18, 2011

Cost of the workshop is $75.00 which includes garden fresh lunch and take home Ferrocement How To Manual.

Please email your information or contact us via PM.
    Unfortunately, the gas would cost just as much, and it's just out of my budget right now. Any chance for some online/distance learning type workshop or material?

Members

Hello there, Stucco. I spoke with you this morning about the workshop. I just wanted to let you know that my wife and I will definitely be attending. Thank you for offering this chance to learn about ferrocement!

See ya later

It was a pleasure to speak with you this past week and we are very excited to meet you and your family.

FYI- I noticed that we have more than just AP in common- depending on our schedules and your length of stay we might be able to squeeze in something fun- I have 2 kayaks and an 20' family canoe. The fishing will be great in June!

We are still working on possible accommodations. There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express right around the corner and a Comfort Suites right off the Highway about 1/2 mile up from the HI Express.

Give us call when you get a chance regarding what you think your length of stay might be. Talk to you soon.

I would be interested in distant learning too. A manual would be nice to read and get a feel for what I am to do.

can you take some pictures of the process during the workshop for us guys to far away to attend?

Thank you for your interest.
    Actually, we are working on the manual for the workshop- which may be offered as a download in the near future- but I do not know the cost as of yet. We are hoping to do it this way so that we can include video and pics which will help the viewer to accomplish the tasks involved with designing and building a system of this type. I will get back with you ASAP with more information as it comes available. Again, thank you for your interest.

If you need any help with the digital side of things, putting it together or even hosting it, let me know!