Desmond you are definitely going to be successful with that kind of thinking! I commend you for doing it right as most people don't bother with researching their business model prior to actually being in business (and often prior just before they are OUT of business).

You probably don't want to have a restaurant rely on you 100% for their supply of anything. You want to approach the restaurant in a way that they have NO RISK. Tell them you don't want to supply them with more than 20-25% of their supply for any item. That way they can keep their current vendor relationships intact, and if there is a problem with your harvest they don't have to suffer or lose business because of it. This also minimizes YOUR liability. Anyway, now they have a way to "try" your product and a safety net in case anything ever happens. It's just business for them, right?

You actually have 2 target audiences when approaching a restaurant. Your first target is the purchasing manager. Of course they would be interested in a better product, but often they are interested in a cheaper product for the same quality. Since we NEVER compete on price, you need to convince this person that you can provide a BETTER quality product for the same price. This includes better customer service, a better relationship, and of course a better veggie. A very popular benefit you might be able to provide is MORE deliveries. Sometimes their supplier might only deliver once every 2 weeks or once a week. Maybe you can do better thereby providing the produce fresher and more often... they love this! Your second target are the chefs. These guys tend to have a passion for cooking and quality ingredients. To them, cost in not a big issue in their mind. By providing some free samples and talking to them directly you may be able to create a long lasting relationship. Here in Florida, we have had some BIG BUSINESS type places open up in Orlando. They decided to actively seek out locally grown foods for their restaurants. What has happened is these guys are buying up 80-90% of the available supply in our local markets leaving NOTHING for the already existing demand. As a result, there is a void in our central Florida market for locally grown foods. Anyway, I digress.

The information you want is simple. What are they buying now and for how much? With that list in hand, you can check for the top 10 most costly items for them. From there, you need to determine WHY do these items carry a higher price tag? Is it because they ship them from the other side of the world and that makes them expensive? Is it because it can't be grown in the US or there is no supplier locally? Or is it because it is hard to grow and takes 4 years to get a mature crop from the plant? If you can identify competitive advantages from this line of thinking, you can determine which of the items they purchase can have a significant profit for you. These are the things you want to grow.

I can go on and on, but I think that will give you a starting point. We really need a business start-up section on this forum! LOL