Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pacu and you

Re: Pacu and you

Quote Originally Posted by foodchain
    I will get you pics of whatever it is you want...as long as I still am in possesion of it. Considering the situation, I feel that this is more than tolerant on my behalf.
    You decide if I am an expert or not, I never claim to be....I don't have a definable definition of it to fall back on. What I can tell you, is that I know what I am doing with MY operation, the parts I don't I am actively researching. What I do, and how I do it are probably not the best. BUT IT WORKS....so who are you to tell me I am wrong, or otherwise don't know what I am talking about? You know me from what? A one page rant? Get stuffed is the first response that comes to my mind. I am very well tempted to tell you to find your own solutions. But that would be counter productive to what I am trying to provide to this board.
    What I do have though, is plenty of evidence that the Pacu is viable if you have room for it, and the skill/ability to make it work. This is something that is backed by scientific fact.
    Locals insisted I couldn't keep a 3 ft nurse shark either. But I did.
    No I don't have a pic of it, it was years ago, and it was donated to a public aquarium when I grew tired of the increased electrical bills, and the increase costs in making salt water. My point is, just because a book sais you can't, doesn't mean you can't...just means that to the best knowledge of the author there's no way to do it. I grew up reading that the neon tetra couldn't be bred in captivity, yet here we are today with it being bred like crazy. My point is in all of this discussion, is that it's inappropriate to jump to conclusions on anything, regardless if its what someone sais, has or believes if you will not do your own research or ask the appropriate questions. Attacking first only gets you the Hawaiian Good Luck symbol. You're here because you ask questions, and you want to learn/discuss what works and doesn't in an effort to dispell the misinformation out there. What I say works for me. I don't know if it will work for you or not. And most of it I can't tell you why it works. I can theorize, but that's about it. I am not a biochemist. That's why I ask two universities the parts I need help with. That's why I email Travis Hughes....I don't know it all. But what I do know, I know because I did it, and probably killed a crap load of fish learning it. IF my explanations are inadequate for you, a non-moderator, than that's unfortunate, but ultimately TOO BAD. I have already answered some quandries for some people here. My answers were good enough for them. Your arrogance is appalling. I would prefer it, if you would leave me alone. You have nothing to say that I want to hear. I am usually not this blunt, but I have had enough. Please understand....you are offensive. Thank you.
    Since you don't want to back up your claims, I find your rants and accusations offensive. Go get stuffed yourself. Will be happy to leave you alone, except when you pass on bad information as fact. And no, a comparable tilapia is not the same as a supposed 20 inch oscar. Good luck with that two university thing. As for attacking first, I responded to your question on pacu. But since you are an expert on all things fish, how dare I, someone who has owned and raised them from people too stupid to admit they could not take care of one let alone 50, presume to give you any advice. So I will bid you good day and not say anything more about you as I cannot in good conscience say anything good about you.
    People cry because they are sad. For example, I cry because other people are stupid, and that makes me sad.

You are the only one calling me an expert.
    How can I photograph something I don't have anymore?
    The Pacu have been ordered. They will be wintered over in (3) 325 gallon tanks and released to ponds in the spring as it's currently too cold. They are supposed to be one inch.
    I have kept them before, but not over about 3 inches, as previously stated. You have according to your post. So in this matter you know more than I. To pacify you, I can keep a photo journal on this. If you use a larger than 75 gallon tank, and use good feed and keep them clean, Oscars will get bigger. Get a bigger tank, and see for yourself. Don't tank my work for it.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

PS. My claims are backed up. What flight are you on? I will meet you at the airport.
    At first I left this blank...but now I believe: "It's better to keep your mouth closed, and have the world think your a fool, than open it and confirm it."

PSS. Tilapia aren't supposed to get as big as I have them. Doesn't change the fact that I have them, and offered you pics too.
    I don't suppose you beleive I have massive catfish either? Still believe these are in tanks, come on man....it's pretty clear by now these are not indoors.

Since there is a 'plublic bickering match' going on....I'll post this WARNING in public too.
    STOP THE BICKERING !

This is how this site works...or my understanding....Share what you yourself have done or tried, or are doing. If you make claims to something unusual, be prepared to back your claims...especially with pictures.
    Then again, pictures aren't like they used to be. They can be photoshop...they may not even be your 'own' pictures.

If 'you' make a statement or a claim.....and the 'other guy' doesn't believe you. That's OK...he has the right to his opinion. If it hurts 'your feelings'....you'll be OK, really.

If you 'heard' or 'read about' something other then what you personally have done, that is different or unusual.... state that. We can have a discussion about it too.

When your new to this site, be on your best behavior, just like you would when your a guest in someone's house for the 1st time.
    Give folks a chance to get to know you....even if you are an 'expert'.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan