Thread: Topsy - Turvy

Topsy - Turvy

I've been seeing these advertised everywhere...they even sell the in Home Depot. I've given a considerable amount of thought to them and have to admit they make perfect sense in a manner...with them hanging up-side-down...you don't have to tie the vines up to give them support for their weight plus the weight of the fruit.

However, if you did a greenhouse full of them, you'd have to have some hellaschish (?) construction to support all the weight of them...couldn't be used for aquaponics or at least I don't see a way nor do I consider it feasible to even pursue to find out...just babbling about the fads that companies put out that attract $$$ out of some people's pockets.

Nothing like good ole American ingenuity to keep the grey matter bubblin’

Anyone got anything going with Tomatoes? A little input and photos would be nice to spur the world on to a better way of life.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

Re: Topsy - Turvy

I was told those have to be certain types of tomatoes such as cherry? That would make sense since they are indeterminate. I simply let tomato plants drop over from bed or containers, did this last year and it worked Also grew watermelon through horizontal mounted bracing so they could hang through and that also worked but I needed a pails to hold them up after awhile..they grew on the pails with no problem just had to keep an eye on them. When you hang things they tend to obey
    ""we are what we eat""

Re: Topsy - Turvy

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW
    When you hang things they tend to obey
    LOL