Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Members

Japans Nuclear Situation - check this out.

Check out my youtube channel to see whats really going on in japan.

My youtube channel - Great coverage of the japan situation.
    [youtube:2yfwqpf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO3BL1TRzfY[/youtube:2yfwqpf4]

IF YOU DON'T CHECK OUT MY CHANNEL AT LEAST LOOK AT THIS - IT WAS BEEN BANNED ON YOUTUBE AND COULD GET TAKEN OFF IMAGE SHACK
    Banned from youtube Video show scale of damage at fukushima \at 00:8 it shows the common storage pool, used to store mass amounts of spent fuel rods, fully collapsed.
    http://img140.imageshack.us/i/49657371.mp4
    .^..^.
    |~.~|
    .\"""/
    ..."".. I use the f ree windows 7 operating system.... Free as in removewat23
    ????????............................().()~*
    .......................................{-.-},\8 ??????? ???? ????
    .......................................\[][]689

Members

Re: Japans Nuclear Situation - check this out.

the japanese are notorious for lying about their problems and this is no different except they are being very irrisponsible as far as the world is concerned by not telling the truth to their people and the rest of the world.

Members

It's so bad now , I'm thinking about moving to South America.
    .^..^.
    |~.~|
    .\"""/

I am a nuclear professional. While this situation is a real tragedy, it shows how well these plants are actually built. As always, the media is sensationalizing this event, and the Obama administration is waiting for direction from the UN before it make a move.

The issue was not the earthquake. It was the Tsunami that swept away their source of emergency power. This caused a loss of the ability to cool the reactor and add water to the core. The explosions were cause by the venting of hydrogen to the building surrounding the primary containment. The hydrogen was made by a metal reaction with water, sort of like burning magnesium under water. Hydrogen is a by product.

Even with the explosion that blew away the surrounding support buildings, all the containment structures held, containing the core materials. The biggest exposure was from the spent fuel pools, which boiled off the shielding water that is supposed to stop the radiation from escaping to the outside world. Once the pools were refilled, the radiation levels dropped to low levels.

They have restored power to the site and are in a stable condition. Notice the media has suddenly stopped covering this story.

Feel free to ask questions, but make it technical, not political. Political = name calling and is not allowed.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

How bad do you think the mox fuel rods zirconium casing being corroded from salt water then being fully exposed and ignited was?

if they were dumb enough to build storage pools outside the main containment unit, then blow that building up, causing the fuel rods and fuel pullets to get shoot out like a pineapple grenade, What level would that be on the scale of 1 to 7?

Look at the record of the nuclear power company's. In every case of a near melt down, people are never warned correctly.

Check out the other plant in Yanaizu going bad. Makes you wonder how bad it really is there.
    There camera turns to face the valley to see the smoke in the valley every 15 mins or so, for about 2 mins.
    http://cs2.town.yanaizu.fukushima.jp/-w ... 9884840737
    ^^Refresh it to get the newest picture.
    .^..^.
    |~.~|
    .\"""/

I don't think the salt caused the hydrogen, it was the lack of cooling that did it. When zirconium gets above 2200F it will ignite in a steam atmosphere and generate hydrogen. The mistake was the siting of the plant in a known tsunami zone and not adequately securing the diesels so they could not be swept away. In the USA you can't build a nuclear structure on sand.

As far as warning people, it is a double edged sword. Evacuating people, especially panicked people, is very dangerous. Sheltering is almost always a better option. Passing out KI pills 4 or 5 days after the reactors shut down is also reckless. KI blocks the uptake of radio active iodine by saturating the thyroid gland. Radio active iodine decays away to nothing by that time and scared people may overdose on it.

The problem with communication is almost always one of not knowing all the facts. When a disaster like this strikes, the ability to communicate to the off site organizations is severely limited. Even the ones fighting the casualty don't have the big picture, and some things, like boiling off the fuel pool, isn't something they expect.

Fuel rods were never ejected from the spent fuel pool, or anywhere else. Where did you get that idea?

I do agree that spent fuel buildings need to be more robust. I'm sure that will be the next NRC mandate.

US reactors are not designed to vent to another building. They vent to atmosphere and also have hydrogen re combiners inside the containment. Combustible levels of hydrogen can't form.

Members

Russia today.

They have been calling it chernobyl on roids. I personally would never trust a media company own by G.E to properly report when G.E's nuclear plants fail. Did you check out the image shack movie? You can see where one of the buildings storage pools was. That thing inside that ruble that looks like a beat up range from a cabin was a nuclear reactor at one point. Good thing it never ruptured. That would seriously suck..
    .^..^.
    |~.~|
    .\"""/

You obviously have drawn your own conclustions. I can't respond to your question, because you have not posed one.

By the way, are you still beating your wife? I think you understand the quaestion where there is no right answer.

Members

I asked if you watched the image shack video. Look at 0:26 tell me you can put water into a pool that is totally blown away. And how you keep the rods in it...

Even Bill Nye is freaked out.
    [youtube:z34rwrl3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcXf6aWt4hI[/youtube:z34rwrl3]
    .^..^.
    |~.~|
    .\"""/

Alert: Fukushima Coverup, 40 Years of Spent Nuclear Rods Blown Sky High and other bad news links .....
    http://www.infowars.com/alert-fukushima ... -sky-high/
    http://www.infowars.com/the-amount-of-r ... chernobyl/
    http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/03/ ... er-in.html

And in my opinion, it's high time the news media got excited about something other than what Britney Spears and Charlie Sheen had for breakfast. This is a major world crisis, and the world governments are sitting on their hands - Obama is on Vacation - and Bill Gates, Ted Turner, Ann Coulter and all the other Eugenics advocates are jumping up and down with joy! 10/20 years from now when cancer rates go sky high, the gov't will blame it again on health foods and vitamins instead of taking responsibility for not doing something about the radiation situation in Japan that's now circling the globe!

Speaking of Eugenics advocates, did you ever notice that the same people who spout that vomit-laden vitriole never seem to want to lower the world's population by taking themselves or their large families off the population rolls? That's the height of arrogance and elitism ...... Something to think about!

BTW, I'm not an Ostrich when it comes to exploding Nuclear plants, I take this situation very seriously!
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy