Members

Looking for Aquaponic Stats.

Hi,guys!
    I've been searching the web for a few days now,looking for some kind of Aquaponic statistics,charts and numbers in general-needles to say,I found nothing suitable...I'm writing a basic business plan for a (hopefully) medium scale AP operation and I need statistic info to fill in the gaps.If you have anything that can help me out,a survey for example,or anything at all-please post a link,or send me an e-mail!
    Thank you,very much!

Re: Looking for Aquaponic Stats.

Please go to your profile and put in your city, state etc so we know where you are from. Maybe some members are close by.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Please be specific about your needs.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

are you trying to put a business plan for Aquaponics together without ever having had an aquaponics setup? if so, any statistics provided would not be applicable

If you'd like, I can look over your business plan and give you feedback. Let me know!

Members

@ JCO: Done! I'm afraid,however,that you guys haven't even heard of the place on the map I'm from. Unfortunately,I'm pretty sure no one is doing AP in a thousand mile radius...

@ badflash and rfeiller: In general what I need is the advantages of AP expressed in numbers,over Hydroponics,RAS and conventional farming methods,labor efficiency,yield,environmental benefits etc. I realize how important experience is,but If the project gets approved,I'll hire some professional personnel to help me figure out how it all works. As mentioned-there's absolutely no one around that has a complete know-how in Aquaponics.

@ urbanfarmer: Thanks,that's extremely nice of you,but it's not really a business plan yet,it's more of a sales pitch!

Members

Ha... actually my foster brother is from Sophia, and I have three friends from the Peace Corps who were stationed in Varna for two years! Feel free to send me an email anytime at phoenix@thegreenphoenix.com if you want to chat a bit....

As far as help for your "sales pitch," it might help if you were able to give us all some more details about the project you are trying to pitch -- i.e. crops to raise (fish vs. plants), reasons for intensive culture, location and also the groups of people you are trying to help with the project.

I will certainly help you, but I need some better direction and focus than you have provided.

Mr. Green