Probably my last post

I just dumped the last of my Goldies ...... 45 in all .... the only things left are a few Guppies and a Crawdad or two ....... I'm not going to replace the Goldies or the Guppies, when the last of the "dads' go, I'll buy some Marmokrebs for pets, but I'm through with Aquaponics ...... I'll just buy some Organic fertilizers and finish the veggies that are already growing. I'm sick and tired of buying and planting stuff that dies off because of diseases, mis-information (not from this forum)and just general bad luck. I'm the epitome of the old Irish saw "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all." I've given up! I may lurk once in a while just to see what's happening with you all, but aquaponics is no longer going to be part of my vocabulary ....... I'll just finish what I started, and go away quietly ...... I'm no farmer, no matter what or how I try ...... Thanks to the contributors for all the help I've got from this forum ....... Jim
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy

Re: Probably my last post

Lick your wounds and come back. Take a break & you'll be able to do it , I'm sure!
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

That doesn't sound like the Jim I know....so I'm going to tell you what I have lived by for the last 47 years. The person I have admired the most ever since the first day I met him in 1962 was a Navy Seal Lt. Commander. It was UDT school graduation day for me the day he walked into the room to make his presentation.

He started of by congratulating us for having achieved such distinction and having what it took to stay in the program. Then he looked right at me (probably because I was sitting directly in front of him) and said “I’ve come here today to invited you to volunteer to join me in an elite force, the likes of which the world has never seen. The training will be the toughest any man has ever endured and the learning curve is steep. But I know this from my life,

“IF YOU DON’T GIVE UP OR QUIT, YOU WILL NEVER LOOSE!”

I was 19 years old at the time and those words resounded in my ears like giant church bells. I was raised by my Grandparents and my Grandfather had pounded those same exact words into my head as far back as I could remember anytime I would faultier in the least in something I was trying to accomplish.

Like the country boy that I was, even though I had no idea what he was talking about, I literally jumped to my feet, saluted and said, “Sir, James O’Brian, UDT graduate. Sir, I would be proud to be the first to volunteer and be accepted into your program, Sir”

I had no idea what he was selling, but I knew he was a man in whom I could place my trust and that was good enough for me.

I was accepted and to this day I can tell you that in the last 47 years there have been many times that I have been seriously down, but I have never been out.

Jim, don’t ever quit, learn from your mistakes, trust in those that you know that have your best interest at heart and become a student of your craft regardless of what it is.

The problems you have faced, have not only taught you something, the members of this forum have also benefited from your post describing them as well.

Saddle or no saddle, get back on that horse and ride.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

Jim this week I lost fish number 25..wanna have a mass burial?

Dang it.... we can't survive if we don't eat
    ""we are what we eat""