I bought 2-20watt 24 inch fluorescent grow lamps with reflectors. the lamps emit 10000K of full spectrum light. I bought them to supplement the sunlight for my aquaponic's in a barrel system. I have tomatoes seedlings, marjoram, Basil, celery and Lettuce. At what distance should the lamps be from the plants to be effective? Currently they are set at about 30 inches above the grow bed and the plants are reacting to the lamps since I placed them above the beds.

By the way guys I made my fist harvest from my 45 gallon tank of 8 pieces of the most clean tasting Tilapia I have ever had.

I have harvested lots of lettuce. My tomatoes were just a small type but this time I planted big ones to see how they will do.
any advice on how to keep the tomato plant short say 2-3 feet. My last one grew to 8 feet tall and produced 25 small tomatoes.

I am having success keeping the water at 6.8pH Lack of Sunlight seemed to be some of the problem as to slow growth or little growth. I hope the grow lamps will help supplement the needed sunlight.