Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel

Fuel

This summer I'll be experimenting with waste oil as a fuel source. I now have info on how to cheaply convert waste motor oil or waste fry oil to diesel fuel and heating oil. This may be the holy grail of how to keep things warm in the northern waste lands. My dream now is to get a diesel generator to power my greenhouse, and use the wate heat from the engine to heat it. I'm hoping to either be off the grid, or selling to it more than I buy.

I'll keep you posted. Currently I plan to use a combo of Frantz TP oil filters and a centrifugal oil filter to remove particulates. Additives are added to thin the oil and make it act the diesel fuel. It looks like you can convert waste oil to usuable diesel simulant for under 50 cents a gallon.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

Re: Fuel

sold my VW golf (1.6 diesel) 2 years ago to a man down the road, he has a fleet of VW's
    now all run off cooking grease. This is so popular that cops are getting reports of 55
    gallons of cooking grease being stolen from back of restaurants.
    ""we are what we eat""

Here is a little fuel project my friend Brett and I collaboratted on a few years ago.

http://www.gregncheryl.com/index.php?op ... n&Itemid=2

This is my own personal web page I serve out of my house so it might be a little slow.(512 DSL)

it timed out for me wolfracer,said it was taking to long to respond. will try again later.
    one life one love.

Computer was down due to power outage, we have at least an inch of ice on everything.

Members

Nice site Greg...clean and easy to navigate
    ""we are what we eat""

Thanks Jeff, I put a little time into it.

Members

Quote Originally Posted by badflash
    This summer I'll be experimenting with waste oil as a fuel source. I now have info on how to cheaply convert waste motor oil or waste fry oil to diesel fuel and heating oil. This may be the holy grail of how to keep things warm in the northern waste lands. My dream now is to get a diesel generator to power my greenhouse, and use the wate heat from the engine to heat it. I'm hoping to either be off the grid, or selling to it more than I buy.

I'll keep you posted. Currently I plan to use a combo of Frantz TP oil filters and a centrifugal oil filter to remove particulates. Additives are added to thin the oil and make it act the diesel fuel. It looks like you can convert waste oil to usuable diesel simulant for under 50 cents a gallon.

How is this working out for you?

It is on the back burner. Waste motor oil is off the table due to NY state regulations on toxic waste. Still planning on waste veggie oil, but I have other priorities right now.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

Can you tell me more about this, I may want to look into it as well. Seems like a neat idea.

thanks