Hey everyone...first time poster here from Southern California

I just bought an IBC 275 gallon tote and am building my first aquaponics system! I am gong with the traditional cut off top, flipped upside down and use the the top portion for a grow bed

I've been a long time reader and now am a new member and very excited to get started.

I've got most of it pinned down but had a few questions. It will be a constant flow system, because I want to keep my first one as simple and cheap as possible. So......

I found a fountain pump that claims to pump 1200 gph and has a lift of 14 feet. I am assuming this is way more than enough, so will have to turn the pressure down...am I correct to assume this pump is more than adequate for this set up?

If I can rig an air line into the pump, will that be adequate for oxygenating the water, or will I need something more?

I plan on using small river rock (marble size) for the grow bed...is that good enough?

Do I need to worry about creating a current flow in the water, or will the pump do that trick?

I'm cutting the metal frame and container today, and can't wait to get started!

If I have the down pipe from the grow bed into the fish tank above the water will that help to aerate, or for some reason is it better to have the downpipe submerged in the tank below (I have seen it both ways)?

Anything else that may halp would be very appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Jason