I got the siphon working again, bought a new hose, I guess I'll have to get me a 6' bottle-brush, this could get expensive. I might have some 1" black poly that I could cut a chunk off of, and put it around the clear tubing to keep it from getting algae, whaddya think? Funny, I was just thinking the same thing as you guys, if my fish die, I'll have to try out worms ... I was even wondering about crawdads, but the way these three females get along, that wouldn't work either .......

I'd much rather use fish though, I want something I can eat ...... I lost 6 more today, there's one that isn't looking too good, that will probably kick the bucket tomorrow ...... he let me pick him up as long as i didn't take him out of the water ..... I looked at him closely, and it looks like he's got little hairs growing off his underside .... they disappear when you take him out of the water, but put him back in, and they come right back. I guess I'll have to join a Goldfish forum now ...... I'm getting on too many forums ...... haven't had time to check out the Aussie forums lately, been getting our mobile set up and cleaned up for a move in, hopefully by early summer :crosses fingers:.

My worm cocoons came in today, so I'm building my worm bins so I can get them started in a few weeks. The lady I bought them from, said it takes 30 - 45 days for them to hatch, and in 60 to 90 days they will be breeding more ...... I bought 600 cocoons, and each cocoon is supposed to give you from 1 to 3 worms ...... I thought I'd try it out this way instead of buying a bunch of already-hatched worms, just for the fun of it ..... plus, it was about 50% cheaper than anyone else on ebay

The wife was not happy when I came home with three crawdads, and even less happy when I told her I bought some worms ....... wait till I tell her about the BSFL this summer ...... after I get some Marmorkrebs from Jack . I think I've got enough lumber left over to build a large doghouse, because I think I'm going to need it

BTW Jeff and Jack, I hope you guys are ready for another good winter storm, I think we're going to be sending you one right soon, we're freezing and snowing out today and tonight ........ put away those bermuda shorts and get out the mukluks for another one