Thread: Yikes!

Members

Yikes!

the town i live in is being evacuated, we live in fairport harbor ohio.. multiple house fires, at least 12 right now.. my wife and stepdaughter went to my stepson's house in the next town..

they think it's from a buildup of pressure of natural gas..coldest night of the year so far, some water in a line? who knows..

i hope we have a house left when it's time to go home! (i'm glad we're insured)

gonna be an interesting day..

Members

Re: Yikes!

saw it on the news here in San Jose, CA. gas line exploded north of here because of pressure spikes.

stay safe.

rich

Have faith...all will be well
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Holy... well glad you are safe. Our prayers will be with you and your home!

Hey Keith, sure hope you all are safe !

A year or two before I moved to FL (from PA) a natural gas line blew up. The actuall explosion was a good ways away......but I still woke in the middle of the night, thinking that the 'MAD' system of preventing nucular war had failed....
    It was freaky hearing the sound/vibrations travel back and forth underground, inside the pipe. I'm talking a pipe big enough, to nearly stand inside of.

Take care.....praying for you.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

just heard from the wife, we're allowed to return home, and turn on the heat..

Great, glad to hear that Keith. Just keep on KEEPIN' ON and don't look back
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Glad everything turned out okay!

Members

yup, all is well at our house, 15 bldgs burned, most were single family homes, but one apartment bldg burned and has already been torn down, as have several of the houses that burned, i hope everyone had insurance, but i imagine there will be quite an outpouring of support for those that did not

they "think" it was a pressure regulator valve that caused a pressure spike, normally in ounces, but it got into pounds of pressure

luckily, no injuries whatsoever, had to be at least 10 fire departments responding..

Quote Originally Posted by keith_r
    yup, all is well at our house, 15 bldgs burned, most were single family homes, but one apartment bldg burned and has already been torn down, as have several of the houses that burned, i hope everyone had insurance, but i imagine there will be quite an outpouring of support for those that did not

they "think" it was a pressure regulator valve that caused a pressure spike, normally in ounces, but it got into pounds of pressure

luckily, no injuries whatsoever, had to be at least 10 fire departments responding..
    I would imagine someone is liable to the property owners that had damage especially if they discover the accident occurred due to negligence on someone's part. I'm glad no one was hurt.