Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members

Re: DIY Fogger Float Project in Progress

Foggers block up unless the water is very clean. Same as the sprayers in aeroponics. I like the idea of just f&d the chamber with the roots inside. Hook up a tub on the outlet of a gb and when the gb empties, the water will fill the empty tub before the second siphon empties it. Similar to having cascading gb's.

Members

there are just some processes that do not do well biologically. if it is bio it is alive and will either live, multiply and attach itself to the equipment and creat a problem or die in solution and cause a problem. the only successful fogging systems i have seem are sterile enviornments with chem ferts. the solutions are created to be hostile towards living organisms, i.e. fungi, bacterial, viral or parasitic little buggers.

the biggest problem i have seen outside of the equipment becoming unuseable is finding something that is safe to use around fish that will control rot/fungas. i have found nothing that will work effectively and no publication/info i have read has a convincing arguement for any organic control that is non-toxic to the aquatic inviornment.

Members

DWC works well. Haven't really tried it much with AP.

Members

I have seen people use ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers with hydroponics grows, but I would think unless you had a microfilter to stop solids you would have to clean a setup like that allot with anything organic. Most foggers heat up and are not really made to do what you want. The ultrasonic humidifier on the other hand, I have not seen in person, but I have seen massive root growth online through it's use. Hope that helps. Experiment who knows it might be what you want. I figure why make things hard on yourself. Even with a cool mist setup you more than likely will see very little difference in growth compared to the headache of fixing and cleaning your system repetatively. Something to keep in mind.

Members

Hey guys, I found this thread when I was doing some keyword research for my ebay store. Before you light me up for spamming, I thought I could help you guys out with some questions you may have. I have been selling ultrasonic foggers since the old days, and could probably provide some insight for you guys.

First, looking through the posts, the fog that could not reach your roots is normal. Fog is heavier that air, it must be circulated with a small fan if you are going to use it in a deep reservoir. They work best in a pvc tube or fencepost hydroponics if you are not going to use a fan. Let gravity do the work.

I saw mentioned that the mist maker heats the water. This is true, and it is ok for cloning, but not growing to full term. Use a separate fan fed reservoir looped in with your system, or use gravity to draw out the mist.

As far as keeping clean water, this is somewhat true. If there are really heavy solids in the water, it will reduce performance. Some fertilizers are better than others, always use a low salt fert. Salt kills!

Keeping the discs clean... Maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I hate to see people waste money. To maintain the discs without having to buy new, take them out of your water fogger and soak them in vinegar for a few hours... just like new.

If you guys have any other questions, just ask.

Thanks for the info.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

Quote Originally Posted by JCO
    Thanks for the info.

Your Welcome! I just had a demo video put together for the 12 disc mist maker. Here it is if anyone cares to see one of the huge ultrasonic foggers in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb7EeJytbPw

Ummm, yeah, Peter, I'm going to need you to post a link to that video along with your TPS report.
    Less irritating avatar since 02/27/14.

Members

LOL... took care of it! ^

Members

LOL dead sled.