Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: indoor lighting

Members

Re: indoor lighting

I agree, there needs to be a balance between production and cost. There are alot of bulbs on the market(warm, cool, full spectrum, etc.). For the most part I can get any of them for relatively the same cost.

Members

You are fortunate!!
    I can't

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
    You are fortunate!!
    I can't

Rich
    No home depots in your state?
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

5 home dopots within 8 miles of my home and 3 lowes! but there is $6 dollars plus difference between the $2 bulbs T-12 and the plant T-12 spectrum bulbs. they do not carry the T-5 plant spectrum bulbs, the best price i can get as a contractor is $15 ea. and up depending on the light they produce. an 8 tube T-5 fixture designed for plants runs around $400 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by brent
    I agree, there needs to be a balance between production and cost. There are alot of bulbs on the market(warm, cool, full spectrum, etc.). For the most part I can get any of them for relatively the same cost.
    i took that to mean he was in a position to purchase at special pricing.

rich

$10 for the SHOP LIGHT fixture that holds 2 T-12 bulbs.

$1/$1.50 per T-12 bulb for 32/40 Watt bulb. It comes in a pack of TEN. Contractors get it even cheaper; this is the regular people price at my home depot.

Each 40 Watt bulb is roughly 3200 Lumens. I have grown quite well with 10 bulbs in a 2x4 area. It seems to work great. I used some cut 1x3 wood and metal chains to make a fixture out of it. I had to open the shop light and drill some screws through it to the wood. Very simple and effective. Good luck and take pictures!

Try the plain Daylight bulbs. That is what I use. The grow lights are not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
    5 home dopots within 8 miles of my home and 3 lowes! but there is $6 dollars plus difference between the $2 bulbs T-12 and the plant T-12 spectrum bulbs. they do not carry the T-5 plant spectrum bulbs, the best price i can get as a contractor is $15 ea. and up depending on the light they produce. an 8 tube T-5 fixture designed for plants runs around $400 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by brent
    i took that to mean he was in a position to purchase at special pricing.

rich
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

I forgot to mention the $1 bulbs were a 4200K color/temperature. Daylight bulbs are usually 6500K and the yellow bulbs are around 2700K (good for flowering phase though). Grow bulbs are 5000K. Here is an example CFL grow bulb with specs: http://www.buy.com/prod/cowboystudio...217284647.html

Quote Originally Posted by badflash
    Try the plain Daylight bulbs. That is what I use. The grow lights are not worth it.
    I completely agree. They are a waste of money. It's more of a marketing ploy because the lights are all made of the same material.

Members

Indoor lighting is one important thing you need to consider when planning your house. The proper lighting not only offers an alluring ambiance in the room but also allows for less straining on the eyes in the dark. Take into account your own style or the style of your room. A standard or decorative table lamp can do a lot to pull a room together. There are also the rooms that would benefit from indoor lighting that consists of possibly an attached fan or even a chandelier in some cases.

Orangeries