Quote Originally Posted by OCAP
Nice looking bed, i like the poly plate idea for that little extra seal up. Fingerlings got attacked by my koi in the dark, that bastard. He was about 4-5" and had the fingerlings come (smaller then i thought at about 1") I guess they never look as big as the number. Koi was being good during the day, then i argued with the girlffriend at night, shut the light off in the room by accident, and he gobbled 15 of them by the morning....Sucks. Pulled out the one koi and put him in a 5 gal pail until i can build a screen in the tank. The remaining 7-8 tilapia and one shubunkin seem to be doing well though.

Tem1160 - now that is for a raft setup ? Or was that going to get filled with hydroton for some reason ? How often do you exchance the water in the tank, cycle it i mean, continually ? Any added aeration if that is a raft tank ? thanks
I will eventually fill it with gravel to use as flood and drain bed. It will be a continuous flow flood and drain. The black tank you see in the pic is the future sump. I'm in the process of upgrading my system. Building a 12 x 25 shade house with four 300 gallon tanks and two large grow beds with some smaller raft beds also. I hope to have it ready to go by mid January.I'll post some pics as I build.