Threaded View

Members

Hello From the Real O.C. New York

Hello from Orange County NY ! I know at least one moderator knows where this is lol.

So i finally took the plunge here, go big or go home. Started with my first 20 gal tank setup, pictured, that i just figured out today. I have some good previous hydroponic knowledge as well as construction trade, as well as having a few small businesses in my spare time. I plan on getting my confidence up in the next month or two, and moving up to a warehouse in the spring and doing this full time. Trying to learn all of this stuff, its amazing how there's still more to learn no matter how much you know !
    [attachment=2:2p8487po]20g.jpg[/attachment:2p8487po]
    Ok so current setup i got rigged together because i had to see it to believe it. 20 gal FT with a couple Koi, 25 tilapia fingerlings arriving friday ! Wanted to make sure i got the water ready. 33 gal plastic GB (temporary ?) filled about 8" up with hydroton, 4" sewer drain pipe (drilled) around a 3/4" pvc output pipe (drilled all over), that runs the length of the bed, inside of the 4" drain pipe, and reduces to 1/2" pvc before it goes through the Uniseal (great invention). Then it comes out to the pvc siphon setup and back into the tank, that one piece is just to prop it up for now.[attachment=1:2p8487po]pvc siphon.jpg[/attachment:2p8487po]

Pump is 330pgh 23W, i have it to the point to where i can run it continually now and keep a nice height of water. Going to just get a 4x8 tray for a GB in the basement, but the shipping is like $110 because of the size. I screwed in a 1/2" male to the pump, that had a 3/8 barb on the other. Ran 3/' pex to the GB. Works better then 1/2" to keep the flow down, and bends easier.
    [attachment=0:2p8487po]SAM_0524.JPG[/attachment:2p8487po]

I guess thats the basics, one question to start off here. If i go to build a GB out of wood, how do you seal the pvc to a 2x4 wall ? As in i cant use my uniseal as it wont reach through the wood. Hope that makes some sense...thanks !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20g.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	2719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pvc siphon.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	2720  
    Attached Images Attached Images