Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

MythBusters and the Prez

Last night's episode was the 3rd time Mythbusters busted the Archemedes Solar Death ray. The Prez send Adam and Jamie out to try again, this time with more man power. Once again it failed. Seems like his MO. Try something that has failed in the past, try it again with more manpower & money, when that fails, use more people & spend more money.

Think Stimulus Package 1,2 and 3 and extending the unemployment benefits.

Sweeden had an interesting experiment. At first they had unemployent for 5 years. They found that when it ran out, people went back to work in a few weeks, so they cut it back to 4 and got the same results, then 3, then 2. Each time people went back to work once they stopped getting free money. We do just the opposite. Start with a year, then 2, then 3, now 5?
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

Re: MythBusters and the Prez

Unfortunately there are those that have lost everything and are having no success because, of there age or skillset. Then there is everyone else, the give me's. Like a lot of others I am working for a third of what I use to make. Then it is interesting how little we do about what has happened to the workers in this country over the last 20 yrs and how we repeatedly reward the tyrants that run this country.

Ya'll know better....don't get me started. I've already lost one good posting member (a dyed in the wool Liberal through and through) because of my political views.

I remember when America was Americans for Americans not illegal aliens rights, Muslim sensitivity, gay rights, christian haters, gun rights abolitionist, other people telling you how to raise your children and let's don't forget the humongous welfare bunch, regardless of skin color; nothing but an entire culture of lazy good for nothing dead beats living off the sweat and hard work of the middle class.

There is no doubt in my mind that President Muslim Obama and every single liberal in America are now and in the future with every chance they get, trying to bring about the downfall of the American way of life. Most of it is already been obliterated. I guarantee you I have a cure for them but the admin won't let me publish such ideas and language here
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Just trying to keep you out of the Poky JCO

My opinion is that when unemployment runs out you go on welfare. If you are disabled you stay there. If not you go to work, mooch off your family, or get taken care of by the church. Your family doesn't want you, and you don't go to church? Oh well... Make Darwin proud.

The world is safer without a safety net. People are more careful, and more polite when they know there are consequences for their actions.

Members

you have to remember that this country is run by the owners of the federal reserve. kennedy challenged them and was assinated. obama wanted to audit them and they threatened the country. the president is a figurehead for the powers to be. he is allowed some reign but never control. the agenda has been in place for a hundred years and it is right on track. the rich few and the worker droids.

if you really want to be loved join the sierra club and the green party with me. lol

I'm staying out of this one lest I be saying too much ..... let me just say that I agree with probably 50% to 75% of what has been posted so far
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy

Members

i've finished my rant. hope no one was offended; i am not sensitive to opposing opinions, it's healthy. i have a lot more fun working in my greenhouse. things are growing, thanks to what i have read on this forum and that's about as good as it gets.

Members

oh i forgot, i agree with you badflash

have a good evening

rich

They don't call this the SUMP for nothin'.

Most think the Fed is a branch of the Federal Government. It is not. It is a private corporation that has stock. The President appoints the chairmen, and that is about as close to the government as it gets. They print their own salary, for god's sake!

It is an amazing scam.

I have a modest proposal. Limit government spending to 25% of the GDP unless there is a 2/3 majority of the people to go over over that. It would have to be voted on every year and the limit could not be changed. Eliminate all taxes and let the government (not the Fed) print the 25% needed to run the government.

Stupid you say? What we do now is we tax the crap out of people, then borrow more, and NEVER pay it back. This gives us the IRS, tax attorneys, accountants up the yin yang, and all sorts of other unhealthy, unproductive things. The banks make money off of this like crazy. No wonder Alexander Hamilton was shot.

Instead, just have planned inflation and fire all those folks. I'm sure they could find jobs someplace where character isn't an important trait.

Wouldn't it be great to keep 100% of your paycheck and not do any paperwork? Pricesless.

Members

I am amazed at how few Americans have a clue how this country functions. They never get their heads out of their....I better shut up take a couple of tums for indigestion and say good night my forum friends