Members

peppers and cucumber leaves with veins

My peppers and cucumbers leaves look as if the leaves have dark veins in them,I figure it is a nutrient problem.If I compost coffee and tea and veggie scraps,paper ect ,can I put some worm tea in the water to add some nutrients or wood the coffee that had been in the compost cause the Tilapia a problem.Does anyone have any suggestions? Also wood algea in powdered form help or hurt? Thanks Lisa

Re: peppers and cucumber leaves with veins

Welcome to the forum! There are many of us in Florida here!

I would just put the worm castings directly into your gravel and let the plants extract what they need from the solids. You will dilute the compost tea you make and it does contain tannins if I'm not mistaken.

Members

welcome to the forum,

depends on the powdered algae, yrs ago i was sponsored by OSI (ocean star international) one of their products was spirulena powder. they thought it was dead algae, it was very much alive i would add it to all of the artificially raised discus fry bowls and tanks. it would revive in minutes and coat the bowls and walls of the fry tanks. point being to was living off of the ammonia produced by the fry (100% water changes 5 times a day, no time for nitrification). in your case if it is alive it will utilize the nutrients that your plants need. it would be good for the fish, bad for the crops.

my 2 cents

rich

Hi Lisa, A common problem is iron deficiency. It 'may' be due to your PH being a little high. I keep mine at 6.5 - 6.8. That's what works best for 'my' plants.

I add Maxi-crop 'with' iron. I buy mine at a local hydro store. It will darken your water if you add too much, too fast. Hey, it's a guy thing....'more' has got to be better, right ? !...

I also add azomite, which is loaded with different trace minerals. Works 'great' in the dirt garden...we have 'nothing' in our soil, aka 'sand' here in FL. My 'maters actually have some flavor.
    In AP, I add it to the water, just before it goes into the gravel beds. I have sprinkled it onto the gravel and rinsed it in.
    http://www.wheatgrasskits.com/azomite.htm

This might be worth saving to favorites....
    Here's a link, to a picture guide, showing the results of lack of minerals.....(had it saved, don't remember who posted it first ? )
    http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/min-def/list.htm

Hope this helps...good luck Lisa
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

I think badflash posted it first, but I found it first!

Here, this also might help: