Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is this??

Re: What is this??

Quote Originally Posted by keith_r
    no,, the slo is powered by gravity.. physics
    Let's not forget the intermolecular forces that allow for the continuity of the liquid to apply pressure evenly thereby displacing water in a level fashion!

The fish pooh is getting deep....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

I know i'm kinda slow but i'm trying to understand how the water would run up the pipe when u place it in the tank just like that. I know that it works cuz you guys and other people are using it successfully but i'd like to understand the principle and mechanics of its operation.

Do you have any videos of one in action or literature on the SLOs

Thanks again!
    Davi

Water seeks it's own level. If you put a pipe over another pipe with a gap between the outer pipe and the bottom, the level inside the outer pipe and outside the outer pipe will be very close to the same. If the inner pipe is shorter than the outer pipe, and is has an exit out the bottom, it will set the level in the tank. The only way water can get to the inner pipe is by flowing through the outer pipe. It goes up, but not above the water's surface.

If you want to go over the top, you use a siphon.

Quote Originally Posted by Davi
    I know i'm kinda slow but i'm trying to understand how the water would run up the pipe when u place it in the tank just like that. I know that it works cuz you guys and other people are using it successfully but i'd like to understand the principle and mechanics of its operation.

Do you have any videos of one in action or literature on the SLOs

Thanks again!
    Davi
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow