Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Members

rfeiller's greenhouse revamp

finishing up setting up my 14'x16' revamped greenhouse for aquaponics, bioponics, and aeroponics. it includes a 1,000 gal. wood/EDPN linered tank for KOI, (1)-100gal res. for two large 19yr old turtles, (3) additional 100 gal res. for bioponics and aquaponics, (1)-50 gal res.
    trays are: (2)-3'x6'x6", (4)-4'x4'x6", (1)-2'x41"x6", (4) 1'x41"x6" and (1) 3'x3'x6" (used for sump for 1000gal tank.)

each tank has it's own controller, commercial air & water pumps to slow down cross contamination of systems. (i know that is a minimal attempt to control pathogens). still to build are degassers and scrubbers for nitrification.

poop providers are turtles, fish and visiting contributing critters. To be used are good quality pond gold fish (not feeders) and KOI. KOI get to big for 100gal containers, a KOI fry will reach over a foot long in a year, and they jump. For the biofilters there is worm castings, compost for tea; still working on getting rabbits and chickens. (i live in a sub-division)

will post pictures when i figure out how; badflash i read your info on that, need to apply it.

Members

Re: rfeiller's greenhouse revamp

A little glitch, went to connect new outlets to electrical circuit in greenhouse and found the grounding copper wire was hot. (Lesson don't grab bare wires when doing a hot connect. ) Need to trace back to find short. Breaker never tripped. The circuit feeds some yard outlets.

OUCH....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

hi rfeiller, ive been there before, it definetly get's your attention. hope you found the problem. good luck Big Al

Members

Common ground back feed, ground serves two circuits other circuit has the Koi pond. Gcfi didn't.trip. neither circuit groundfault tripped. Gotta love it.

Members

Didn't mention going to have electrition go through system and separate grounds. Install ground rod in greenhouse too much moisture and too far from elec pnl.

Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
    will post pictures when i figure out how; badflash i read your info on that, need to apply it.
    YOU BETTER!

Members

working on it signed up for photobucket pro, loaded photos onto computer now need to get them from point a to point b.

added a few good gold fish to a couple of the 100 gal tanks to help with the cycling.

Members

hi rfeiller's, looking forward to your picture's soon. it's actually easier than you think to post
    your picture's. good luck Big Al

Members

I'll get them up this weekend.
    Electrician is coming over this weekend to straighten out the the electrical mess.