Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: uh oh ..

Members

Re: uh oh ..

I don't think this is bad algae. Just green water. I've got a few algae eaters in the tank. It might be because i have to plants in the gbs right now. Don't know much of a crop to plant in the fall/winter here. I tried some collards, mustards, greens but they don't seem to like that much water. They grow a few inches then die.

I have not had a fish die in months. I started AP back in april. Only had a few fish die since then. Thinking of putting the fish (catfish and bream) into my pond and starting all over in the spring.

Re: uh oh ..

Quote Originally Posted by swamp creek farms
    I don't think this is bad algae. Just green water. I've got a few algae eaters in the tank. It might be because i have to plants in the gbs right now. Don't know much of a crop to plant in the fall/winter here. I tried some collards, mustards, greens but they don't seem to like that much water. They grow a few inches then die.

I have not had a fish die in months. I started AP back in april. Only had a few fish die since then. Thinking of putting the fish (catfish and bream) into my pond and starting all over in the spring.
    The algae is eating all the nutrients in the water. Do the seeds grow to seedlings slowly then seem to slow down even more in growth and turn a yellow or pale before they eventually die? They will look pretty weak as well... If so, that is most likely what is going on.