Quote Originally Posted by mommyhen42
I really hate to sound stupid here but what is a loop siphon???
A loop siphon is an Auto Siphon, it works on the same principle as a bell siphon that is that once the siphon action starts, it will continue until the siphon action is broken by introducing air into the siphon. A loop siphon is a piece of hose that is looped with the top of the loop being where you want your high water level to be. Once the water level rises to that point and flows into the downward part of the loop the siphoning action starts. this will continue to siphon until the water level drops to a point that the siphon sucks in air. they are the simplest form of Auto Siphon. The bell siphon's definitely work better, as far as removing the water faster.

I tested my growbed loop siphons last night so here's a picture of what they look like.

Using a constant input of water from my sink sprayer with faucet halfway on I was able to fill the container in 16 minutes and drain it via the loop siphon in 8 minutes . This will work well in the system as I have pictured it. No need for timers using a constant flood and loop siphon system.

Here's a picture of my cat Boots supervising the test.

I am planning on bracing the growbeds up when I get them in the greenhouse because the bulging sides had me a little worried.

I hope I helped with my explaination.