Members

My new basement system!

Hello everyone I have been lurking here a bit gathering knowledge and ideas and I have finally pulled the trigger. I purchase 4 330 gallon IBCs and I already had 2 55 gallon drums. The plan is to use 3 of the IBCs as fish tanks , cut at about the 225 gallon mark (will explain why in a moment). I had considered DWC Media beds etc etc. I spoke to JCO who is a fount of good advice. He suggested Dutch Buckets which I dont think is a bad idea at all. 1 issue I have with my basement is the door into it is 31 inches wide (why I cut the IBCs) also the ceiling height is 7' at the highest point. So what I am going to do is an A-frame NFT system thats 15 foot long 6 feet high. I will grow greens and herbs in there. I will use Dutch buckets around the perimeter looks like I can get about 25 or so buckets around the area. The area that the grand pubah has alloted to me is an L shaped area 24 feet long up to 20 feet wide. I will be getting a sketchup drawing made as soon as I learn Sketchup. I am going to have a Radial flow filter and Moving media Bio filter after the fish tanks. The sump tanks will be down inside the A frame to maximize space. I have an 800 gallon pump and an air pump already and will be getting the rest of the pieces as the grand pubah allows. Its horrible that I got bit by the AP bug shortly before Xmas. I cut the IBCs today and will be trying to get things arranged as fast as I can. I will get pictures when there is something worth getting. I appreciate all input and questions . Thank you

Re: My new basement system!

Make sure to put lighting on your Christmas list or Santa may forget! Sounds like a good start man. Keep it up

So don't forget the photos of the build .... step by step
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Members

O I will get pictures wasnt worried about the cutting of the IBCs you seen 1 IBC cut you seen 10000 of em cut . As far as lights go I was looking at these http://www.ebay.com/itm/3200LM-Ultrathi ... 2c8b1e187a Not sure if they would be any good or not that seller also has deformable T5 lights that look pretty good. Will be trying to wash the rest of the IBCs this weekend