Members

Tilapia for Teachers

Hi I am asking not for my self but a teacher of mine. She raises tilapia in aquaponics systems at my high school. The kids run the systems grow the plants, feed the fish, check the water. you know all that good stuff its an awesome class. The only problem she has is that she is having a problem with getting fish every year. She teaches at sammamish high school in bellevue washington and doesn't understand the internet for the most part.
    ok so theres the background info so i will start saying what everything is. She currently only knows of one place to provide all the tilapia for all the classes and thats in new mexico. she is paying $250 for 500 mozzies and $150 of shipping so $400 for 500 1-2" mozzies. she wants to know if there is any place that could sell her any species of tilapia for less. she wants to have 500 and for them to be 1-2" and depending on how far away it is shed probaly be able to pick them up or have someone she knows pick them up if they were in like washington, montana, idaho, oregon like somewhere in that distance range. if theres anything she will be the one to look into it more but she has no clue of how to find things. ok thanks i hope one of you guys can help the school really needs an easier way. remeber this would be for next year probaly aguast i think

Re: Tilapia for Teachers

What she should do is buy fry and start them a month earlier. In a month she would have 1-2" fish. I would be happy to send her fry for the cost of shipping and handling. For 500 fry we'd probably be talking $50-$60. I always have a good supply of mossie fry.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

ok that sounds great i will be seeing her tomorrow so i will tell her. Do you have an E-mail i could give her so she could contact you? thanks so much

Click on e-mail on my posts.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

ok i saw your post in the classifieds and gave her the screen shot of that because it has the rough info and your e-mail and a screen shot of this she will probaly e-mail you some time soon. thank you for your help