Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Business Plan

Re: Business Plan

Quote Originally Posted by gosmith
    Hey urbanfarmer,

Thanks for the links!

What are the revenue streams you are looking at for your biz plan? Aside from fish and produce, are you looking at other ways to bring in $$$? Would you mind outlining a little of what you have in mind? My daughter and her husband have gotten pretty excited about going in with my wife and I in taking the commercial plunge. Certified organic, sustainable, low impact, etc. We have a strong market for that here and a very supportive atmosphere for local organic growers. I dread the idea of working on a biz plan, but I know it has to be done. Would love to see a copy of what you come up with if you're willing to share.

Gary
    I was planning to post it, but it's getting complicated and I am not sure if I want to post it on a public website; however, I might write up a basic one that people can use as a guide, to learn, or just as fun reading.

Depending on how you set up your system, you could do a few things.

SELL:
    • Organic Worm Castings (local gardeners love this stuff)
      Organic Fish Fertilizer (local gardeners love this stuff)
      Small Aquaponic Systems
      Group Tours (depending how small your farm or how big your demand for tours)
      Training and Consultation (you won't even need a farm if this goes well)

I feel there a few more obvious things as value added revenue streams, but my head is somewhere else right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi
    this is some great info, does anyone have any that is linked in Canada? i haven't been able to find a commercial set up here.
    I have seen several, and they are quite interesting. In fact, I saw on youtube some very boring videos with many people in business suits about some kind of organic aquaponic farm that is implementing a system that recycles the methane, carbon dioxide, and heat from compost into their system. I think that's right... I don't recall, and there was some other reason why it was so BIG, but try to find it cause I can't seem to at the moment.

Re: Business Plan

Quote Originally Posted by gosmith
    Hey urbanfarmer,

Thanks for the links!

What are the revenue streams you are looking at for your biz plan? Aside from fish and produce, are you looking at other ways to bring in $$$? Would you mind outlining a little of what you have in mind? My daughter and her husband have gotten pretty excited about going in with my wife and I in taking the commercial plunge. Certified organic, sustainable, low impact, etc. We have a strong market for that here and a very supportive atmosphere for local organic growers. I dread the idea of working on a biz plan, but I know it has to be done. Would love to see a copy of what you come up with if you're willing to share.

Gary
    +1
    Trust God, after all, only He knows what He is doing.

Random Thoughts: There is some truth in every newspaper and magazine, you just need to know where to look....
    For instance: The name, price, date, and page numbers are usually always true!