Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business Plan

Business Plan

Does anyone have business plans they would be willing to share? I am trying to get the government to give me one of these small farmer loans, but I am also looking for good ideas!

Members

Re: Business Plan

the last business plan i did was 46 pages long. they are very time consuming if done correctly. you can google it and find several different formats to follow.
    by the time you have finished creating the business plan, you may find that your ideas just do not pencil out.
    have fun.
    rich

Quote Originally Posted by rfeiller
    the last business plan i did was 46 pages long. they are very time consuming if done correctly. you can Google it and find several different formats to follow.
    by the time you have finished creating the business plan, you may find that your ideas just do not pencil out.
    have fun.
    rich
    I am currently on page 38, and it is not my first business plan. I was just hoping someone had their hands on a decent sample one or even their own. It is a lot of work, and it has already helped me recognize problems with the business model I had envisioned...

Members

Would you please share your business plan urbanfarmer, get the ball rolling y'know

Quote Originally Posted by abdul
    Would you please share your business plan urbanfarmer, get the ball rolling y'know
    Whoops, I just saw your post. I have been sidetracked recently because I have acquired my farm land!!!! It's exciting, but it needs A LOT of work. I have been trying to clear brush by hand and with a Ryobi brush cutter, but it takes FOREVER. The house the property came with is a WRECK. I plan to keep the big trees and make it more natural because the zoning does not allow for resale; therefore, I will not be worried about efficiently pushing out tons of crops.

Anyway, give me a little while. My computer that I had all the documents on got packed up, but I will find my business plan!

Try the following for your business plan template: http://www.score.org/downloads/Busin...20Business.doc

Lots of templates: http://www.score.org/template_gallery.html

Also, this website is AMAZING, and I am using it, but I have no clue where my login is at the moment: https://www.agplan.umn.edu/

I will be glad to help you with your business plan at no charge for my professional services! I do hold business degrees and I have had roughly 10 years of experience as an entrepreneur. Believe me, if I can't help you answer your business questions, I know someone or somewhere that can!

Oh, I almost forgot to post this one: http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/PDF/...e_planning.pdf

It has a ton of links to actual agricultural business plans! I got some great ideas off the ginseng one and the herb farm one.

Members

Cheers mate :] will take you up on that. Good luck with all that brush

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfarmer
    I have been trying to clear brush by hand and with a Ryobi brush cutter, but it takes FOREVER.
    Those palmetto bushes are a pain in the ... ! Cut them off at the ground....they'll grow right back, even bigger...
    Love yourself.....Rent a small front end loader with a root rake..
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Hey urbanfarmer,

Thanks for the links!

What are the revenue streams you are looking at for your biz plan? Aside from fish and produce, are you looking at other ways to bring in $$$? Would you mind outlining a little of what you have in mind? My daughter and her husband have gotten pretty excited about going in with my wife and I in taking the commercial plunge. Certified organic, sustainable, low impact, etc. We have a strong market for that here and a very supportive atmosphere for local organic growers. I dread the idea of working on a biz plan, but I know it has to be done. Would love to see a copy of what you come up with if you're willing to share.

Gary

Members

this is some great info, does anyone have any that is linked in Canada? i haven't been able to find a commercial set up here.