Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
I may have found some that don't cost too much......they have FLOURIDE in them. I was told they will rinse them out. (they are trying to save/use the flouride)

...What do you guys think....?....will they rinse (pressure wash) clean and be 'safe' to use ???
I would clean and rinse it several times. There are 3 main Fluorides used in water treatment and only 1 is liquid, H2SiF6. One option would be to scrub the insides down with a brush and baking soda. Leave the layer of baking soda all over the inside and allow it to dry. Then brush off as much of the white chalky stuff as you can. A better, but more expensive option, would be to get activated carbon or charcoal and crush it up into a very fine powder. Use a brush to brush the insides the same way. The carbon will absorb it and you can simply rinse it off thereafter. Since plastic is not porous, this should work quite well.

All-in-all, it depends what kind of "Fluoride" was in there. If you pressure wash it and there are still trace amounts, most likely it would not be enough to harm any biological systems it comes in contact with, including you. Fluoride compounds commonly used are quite water soluble, which means the more you use the system, the less and less Fluoride there will be floating around in it anyway.

Hope that helps!