this past weekend i moved 1 pair of growbeds (and all the media) into the basement - 2 half barrels setup ala Travis Hughey..
This coming weekend i'll be getting a pump, and fittings to plumb it up, but here's my dilemma
I've got the 110gallon tank outside with all the fish (i'm sure that at least one of the bluegill is carrying eggs) with 14 or so bluegill,, maybe 10 to 15 yellow perch (i started with 29 - long story) and probably a couple crayfish
for the basement i have 3 55gal aquariums - here's what i'm thinking - put the yp in one tank, the bg in the other, get rid of the cray's (if any are left) and order a few red claw cray's for the 3rd tank..
i've read up a little on "no holes overflow" and will be digging deeper this weekend, but how would you plumb the 3 tanks together? i'm thinking that i'd have the pump in the middle tank - tanks on the ground, growbeds draining into 2 of the tanks, with a no-hole overflow setup between the middle and each side tank. i found some discouraging info on the overflows being a maintenance hassle, but i remember coming across some other info saying the opposite.. what kind of experience have you had with them? (the no hole overflows that is)

as far as the red claw.. i do have room for an 8' snapset kiddie pool, found on amazon for 12 bucks the other day.. if i do decide to try i'll probably add a swirl filter
to much to do an not enough time to do it! i'll try to get some pic's this weekend, but i know the little camera doesn't have a flash, so we'll see