I was thinking more like a chest with a partially solid lid with a growbed on top and a hinged access lid all the way accross, maby with some sort of lighting for when I open the lid I could set it up with a pressure switch like you have in the fridge so that he light only comes on when you open the door.
Right now I have cement trays for my growbeds but I know that they are too shallow for most plants so what depth have you found to work best for your growbeds?

Autosiphons are a real pain for me to get working correctly. Does anyone have any ideas on how to properly calculate how to make them? I have loop siphons on most everything right now but they are a real pain to keep clear and not clog up, at least how I seem to have them

For instance if the grow bed frame is 10 inches deep and the gravel is say 8 inches deep will a 1/2 inch drain pipe work and if so how tall for the drain and what size pipe and length would you use for the autosiphon? Where would you set the vent hole and what size tubing for the vent? I just cant seem to get them to work right. Does pump volume affect your autosiphons and if so how do you calculate for it?