Members

Somerville Apartment System

Gold fishes

I figured this would be a good time to start a new thread seeing how I have a semi finished system. Things are back running smooth again, I am going to redesign the siphon but this one will do for the first round. Hopefully it goes well.

Members

Re: Somerville Apartment System

Nice going on that set up. What are you planning to grow?
    Dennis
    Oldandfound1
    When you get to my age you cannot think of something without being reminded of something else.
    George Burns

Members

originally I was planning on lettuce but I think I am going to go with some herbs like basil to start with.

Members

Alright guys I have some Nitrate level in my system! Everything else seems to be doing good, PH is around 7.6 and Ammonia is at around .25ppm.

I just sprinkled some seeds on top of the stone, I have been misting them every once in a while to make sure that they are wet enough so they will sprout. Should I be doing anything different to "plant" them?

Members

Hey guys hows it going? Things are going good on my front, I just got this new job and I finally finished training and don't have all day to surf the internet, its the pits

Anyway things are going good I have some sprouts growing. And I had some sprouted garlic that I put in the system just because why not? That seems to be taking off. I haven't had any fish deaths in a while. They all seem very healthy and are ALWAYS begging for food, I feel like I am under feeding them but everyone I talk to says that I am probably feeding them the right amount.

Anyway here are some pictures I took at the beginning of the week (which is when I intended on posting them).

I am thinking about making a video this weekend. The plants are actually a lot bigger since I have taken the pictures, maybe I will snap some more.

I just wanted to thank you guys for all your help.