Members

2" Net Pots w/rim

I've been unable to find 2" net pots with a rim like is often seen in the Ozzie pics/videos. The rim makes them easy to pick up and drop into floating rafts without falling through. Does anyone know a supplier here in the US?
    TIA David

Re: 2" Net Pots w/rim

http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories ... t%20pots/0
    Im not sure if the 2” not pictured is the one you are looking for, also my local hydro shop (h.t.g) caries them Good luck
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Hi david J, I'm not sure what ozzie is using....(?)

I'm putting my pots in 2 inch styrofoam....

I previously, bought a handful of 2 inch 'net' pots....I drilled a 1 3/4 hole for them. They sit about a 1/2 inch 'above' the top of the styrofoam. They might sit a little deeper with a 1 7/8 hole. If using a styrofoam raft, the hole might wear larger.....then the pots would slip through.

I just ordered a case of 2 inch 'slit' pots....(not the 'net' pots)...they have a rim/lip. ( I was told ) They need a 2 inch hole and the lip keeps them from falling through. The tops will sit flush with the top of the styrofoam.

Here's a link where I ordered....

http://www.hydro-gardens.com/germinate.htm#netpots
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Re: 2" Net Pots with rim

By Ozzie I meant Australian. This is from Murray Hallam's site: http://www.aquaponics.net.au/forum/show ... eed&page=2 post #14 shows the net pots I'm looking for. They have a rim that keeps them on top of the floating tray. Does anyone know of a US source?

TIA David

Members

Quote Originally Posted by David J
    By Ozzie I meant Australian.
    I thought you were talking about the guy that goes by....Outback Ozzie....

Wow, the picture of Murray's pots, do have a very large lip/rim.
    I hope the ones I ordered are like that.

The pictures of the slit pots on ebay, that Brier pointed out......seem to have more of a rim then the net pots, that I bought at a local hydro store.

I'll post, when my slit pots come in next week, and let you know.....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

The 2 inch 'slit pots' have a small rim. They seem to hold well in a 2 inch hole. I may try a 1 7/8 hole saw.
    The slit's top, measure 2 1/8 inch........the nets, 2 inch.

Members

davidstcldfl, Thanks for the pictures and the details. Do they seem sturdy enough for sterilizing and reusing?

Dave J, I don't know....(?) Depends on how root bound, I guess. The 'net pots' would be 'slightly stronger', due to the additional horizantal sections.

I have a case of over 4,000 ........ I wasn't planing on re-using them.

I'm thinking about leaving the roots of the lettuce (and slit pot) intact, when I sell them as 'living lettuce' (?) Just a thought...it might stay fresh a little longer.

Members

Hi, new member here. I'm located in the Caribbean, Trinidad and Tobago to be exact and my challenge is not net pots but getting the Styro Blue board which is used for insulation in the US. I'm trying to find a maximum of 2" thick and hopefully in the vicinity of 8'x4' sheets. Tried Lowes online as well as Home Depot but with no luck.