Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by ernie
    Have you grown Pitaya before? The flowers are awesome but you gotta be a night owl.

Funny how the brain 'thinks' it see's something.....I thought you wrote.... 'Peyote'.....I've heard many claim it's 'awsome' too.....

I'm having another cup of coffee.....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Set up a small wicking bed, added a couple of tomatoes but will be using it for carrots & radishes.

The AP tomatoes are still producing(2yr old plants).

Looking nice Duff !
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Are your toms the German green?
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Members

I think they may be beefsteak, just haven't turned red yet. I have the green ones but have not tried them yet. I trimed a few leaves today and there are bunches of tomatoes everywhere.

Members

Gunnera

Tomatoes

More tomatoes

Arrowroot is taking off in the new gb's

Hard to tell how big the fish are getting. Water in the video is 2mtr ish deep.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVYMbotOJ_M

Holly fried green tomatoes batman
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Members

Large ABF still running well. Thought it would need a clean by now but the water flow is still good.

Members

This one uses half a 200ltr drum filled with bio balls and a bread crate on both ends. I pump 150ltr ish of air through it a minute. The air keeps the water moving through the media. Its located in the pool and has been running for a year or more. This type of bio filter allows me to proccess the Am & Ni for 500ish fish in 50000ltrs of water. Some of the fish are over the 1kg mark. I was expecting it to need cleaning by now but my guess is compost worms are living in it now. The other ABF I use has media that moves around and never needs cleaning. I think any air pumped into a system should go through a bio filter of some kind. The faster a system changes ammonia and nitrite the better it can cope with different fish loads. I had a seperate 380ltr tank that had water moving through it from the pool with an ABF and 400 fingerlings. The pool showed a small amount of Am but the water comming through the fingerlings tank showed zero. Since using airlift bio filters I don't get Am or Ni readings unless I throw a heap of Urea or new fish in. And then it only shows a reading until the bacteria take up the slack.

I think you should pump air before & after the bio filter. The bio filter eats oxy to work and can deplete the oxygen from the water. Giving it a boost after gets the O2 up for the fish.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow