Members

Greetings from Arkansas

I've been a member here for awhile but have been missing in action due to various factors. I just wanted to say I'm back and plan to put together an off the grid AP system. I'll be gathering parts starting now until next spring when I can put the system into action.

I hope to find some others who have been successful already. If not, then maybe we can all brainstorm together and make it happen.

Dean
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O’Rourke

Re: Greetings from Arkansas

Welcome back !
    So what are you looking to brainstorm ,a system layout or how to do it off grid ?
    A small system off grid is no big deal the problem is when you start to get bigger pumps and more amps it gets more costly to get the amp / watts you need . A lot of motorhomes and boats will have 12v pumps that will work and PV or wind could be done and if you stay 12v it keeps you from buying an expensive inverter .
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike
    PS where in Ark you at got lots of friends round the Mena area ?

Hello organicus_rex...welcome back !....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodmike
    Welcome back !
    So what are you looking to brainstorm ,a system layout or how to do it off grid ?
    A small system off grid is no big deal the problem is when you start to get bigger pumps and more amps it gets more costly to get the amp / watts you need . A lot of motorhomes and boats will have 12v pumps that will work and PV or wind could be done and if you stay 12v it keeps you from buying an expensive inverter .
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike
    PS where in Ark you at got lots of friends round the Mena area ?
    I'm in Viola just about 25 miles southwest of West Plains, MO just inside Fulton County Arkansas. On 62, 7 miles east of Salem.

I was thinking a moderate sized system but I guess several small ones running on PV and/or wind combined is the way to get the ball rolling and expand from there. Finding the 12v equipment has been the biggest challenge and being dirt poor isn't a plus either. Thanks Hotrodmike for the greetings and confirming some of my own suspicions about doing it off the grid.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. - P.J. O’Rourke

Members

Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
    Hello organicus_rex...welcome back !....
    Thanks davidstcldfl ...love the names of your fish!

If you have wind, you could consider using air directly. I've seen air pumping wind mills, and there are all sorts of air lift pumps and circulators.
    http://airliftech.com/
    http://www.pondaeration.com/
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow