i grew up in ohio, always caught local crays in streams and creeks,,, and ate them often..
so, since i built my system this spring, i've put in about 5 dozen crayfish, the first 2 dozen came from the guy i got my hybrid bluegill from - he just said they were "soft-shell crays" but a hard shell got in there too.. i thought all cray's got a soft shell when they molted, but this could be something different..
anyways, i also added a couple dozen i got from the bait store..
last week when i was cleaning out my tank, i thought i saw a couple of crays fighting,, but thought it looked like an odd position, basically they were in the missionary position.. i googled images for crayfish mating, and thats what they were doing..
haven't had time to look up more info, but was wondering when there might be babies in there,,, i don't think they'd last long with the perch and bluegill though... but, the whole point of this is, that i got the crays because i want to eat some, and figured if they did breed, it would be more food for the fish.. glad that worked even if i have less fish than i started with (still not sure what happened to them)