Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Cistern Valve Flush Control

Good to hear Biggles1212, Onward and upward! It's great that you are able to experiment with some different siphon methods. Like you, I'm not near a big city, so I understand the need to plan ahead and figure out what you need before you actually go buy it!
    I use the Linux Operating System ...... Free as in beer!
    You're never too old to learn something
    Aquaponics - food'n'fish at your doorstep

Helena, Montana - Home of the Northernmost Monument to the Confederacy

Members

Hi Jackalope.

I've also been playing with the wicking beds and seeding systems which I'll post soon. I took a lot of cell phone photos and now can't find the data cable so I'll have to go and take some more photos with a camera.

As Rednecks go this has been a lot of fun. I've been looking at everything possible. Some might say don't reinvent the wheel. If you don't accept everything that gets shoved down your throat, there is huge scope for initiative and invention. That's exactly what this forum is about. I've seen how all the different systems interact and now want to piece them all together.

I'm currently experimenting with wicking beds as well and various forms of them. Currently I'm running Aquaponics, Vermiponics and wicking beds all interlinked with my normal garden and a standard veggie garden for the wife. I didn't want to discourage her when she started planting the veggies in the worst gravel sand ever. I was just so happy she was involved. So I watered her veggies daily with worm tea. The results are as good as my aquaponic system and requires no electricity but a stack of manual labor. There's about 6 m3 of compost heaps going and a great seemingly fool proof method for growing seeds. This all started from the Cistern Valve actually since it was different and it's success has encouraged me to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles1212
    a standard veggie garden for the wife. I didn't want to discourage her when she started planting the veggies in the worst gravel sand ever. I was just so happy she was involved. So I watered her veggies daily with worm tea. The results are as good as my aquaponic system and requires no electricity but a stack of manual labor.
    Your a smart man...you know the golden rule......If Momma is happy...evrybody is happy....

Glad to hear things are working well for you Biggles...
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

........ We feed fish and talk about the day. It is absolutely peaceful in our garden and everyday, I know I'm blessed.

That's it right there Biggles1212 That's what is all about !

Thanks for sharing those wonderful words.
    I do not have a BEER GUT.
    I have developed a LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY

I do not GET LOST ALL THE TIME.
    I INVESTIGATE ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS.