Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Members

Re: "free" electricity

oops, had to figure out how to post the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members

Are you thinking that this will be a "perpetual motion" type of thing, or are you adding some supplemental power, and just hoping to conserve some energy by harvesting the power from the water overflow?

I understand your setup, and I wish it would work, but unfortunately nothing is 100% efficient. You pelton wheel would barely rotate with the head & flow you have to offer. The wheel itself would only be about 5% efficient with that sort of head. You'd be spending your money a lot more wisely with solar.

My 600 gallon system with 10 40 gallon barrel growbeds only needs 80 watts to run.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

Well keep in mind everything i am using is recycled. I don't have any money tied up in my system, other than seeds and fish food. I'm only running a small water pump, I took it from my tiny water feature near my porch.

I have 20 V AC on one motor, I figure if I put a motor/alternator on both sides of the wheel, then I can get up to 40 V AC. Which I can power a battery or two with. Maybe even put a pump going towards the wheel to boost it up.

I think it is possible. Gravity is doing most of the work. All I need power for is pumping water back to the reserve tank. I will have to get a bigger pump, I have a dry pump that will work from DC already. From a small chemical prayer for the ATV that never is used.

My father owns a hydraulic shop and we do the county recycling. We fix motors, pumps, hoses, tractors, hydraulics, all kinds of things. So I have access to all kinds of neat things. People throw away amazing things also.

Members

I just looked at that drawing again, I could also drain the GBs onto the pelton wheel. Give it a lil more boost. Have three or more water inputs going to it. When the bell siphon starts, there is a little pressure there.

Good luck with it. Make it work and you'll be a millionaire overnight. Loads of folks tried and failed.
    Google pertetual motion. You'll see loads of people that offer it for $$$ and that is all that happens. They take your money.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

HAH ! They cannot take it if I don't have it.

Members

I sure hate to tell someone that their idea will not work, but Badflash is right. This will not work. There is always energy loss. I honestly really hope that you make this work. If you do, I will invest most of my spare change into you!