Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: life's a beach

Members

life's a beach

got home from our first vacation away from home in 3 years, the wife is still with a friend that lives in the poconos..my stepdaughter kept an eye on the system, she left to go up to where we were staying yesterday, and i left to come home..
    got home last night, water looked a little "dirty" but it was late, so today i went out and started removing all the pvc hides for the cray's, and the 2 big stones to clean them off, and didn't see fish.. started swishing a net around to remove some of the gunk, caught a couple crays and bluegill..
    let the water settle..
    my perch have been pilfered,
    and my bluegill have been burgled!
    can you believe how some people can be?
    i keep the tank covered with bird netting with little clips holding it down.. the netting was still tightly stretched over the tanks, so someone took them and put it back to how it was..
    already talked to the police, i called to find out if town mailboxes were getting the dead fish treatment,, (that would suck) but no..
    i better look at security before getting more fish? frack.. sometimes i don't wonder why i'm a hermit

Re: life's a beach

Someone stole your fish? Wow I did not think I never would of thought I 'd hear that one. Sorry for your loss.

Be thankful they didn't take the whole operation. Seems like America is going to hell in a hand basket, but I've got a cure for it!
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Wow, that sucks.... Sorry to hear that Keith.

To add insult to injury....the 'fish nappers' knew you well enough to 'know' you weren't around.... One of your neighbors...or 'friends of your kid's friends, had a fish fry and they didn't even invite you....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

hi keith, sorry to here that, that really sucks. people just cant keep there hands off of anything. hopefully your neighbors saw something and you can catch the scoundrels. did they mess with anything else. well good luck later Big Al

Members

this stealing crap has increased all over in gardens more than ever now. infrared Motion capture devices come in handy for these punks that steal.

Sorry and hope things get back in shape for you sir
    ""we are what we eat""

Members

Hi Keith,
    I'm really sorry about that. If it wasn't kids pranking, than someone needed them. Things are still not good out there. We be seeing more of this out there. We have been going to bio-security workshops. These cover not only disease but thieft on the farm.

Ironfish

Stealing a mans fish , now thats just low . Man I am glad I live in the boonies ,it's too far to drive to steal stuff <G> Sorry to hear of your problem .
    The guys are right though the tougher times get the more of this we will see and to be honest it's far from getting better right now .
    I think you need a nice puppy like maybe a Rottie or Pit or like Jeff said an IR camera .
    My PR prevents this as no one cares to trespass on the crazy guy and well armed homestead
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

Members

hi keith, have you found out anymore about what happened to your perch yet. i was just wondering. later Big Al

Members

i filed a report but haven't heard anything..
    it looks like i might have 10 to 15 fish left (out of 45)
    a neighbor asked me if i wanted some gobie fish for the tank that he caught in the river,, i put 8 in to help make fish poop...
    i talked to the guy at highwater and he's going to try to get me 30 more perch...
    i don't think that the perch ate each other? i had minnows in with the bluegill from the beginning, the minnows didn't start dissappearing until i put in the perch..
    whatever happened to them, well.. happened. i'll keep plugging away