Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Members

Re: Worm Castings = $$$$$

[attachment=1:33cn3u0j]IMG_0025.jpg[/attachment:33cn3u0j] Yep I am taking worms serious..worm castings are the future or at least for us that want no chemicals in our food. Lot of cancer popping up around here,brain tumors,people with knees falling apart and the list goes on.

We must start eating real food again or human race will fade away in state of illness and dread. For me the facts are this...I am growing and canning real foods that we are eating all winter from the garden. We are eating food that is growing in soil that was sprayed with compost tea. Eating foods that were harvested in gardens full of sheep compost and worm castings.

I put free tomatoes out on table last summer for free, the joggers and walkers from local
    sub division near by would grab some. Later one day some people stopped and asked me if those were my own home grown bandy boy tomatoes. I said yes and they smiled and said well we wanted you to know those were the best they ever had. Well I told them "thank you, those were grown in a 18 year old garden that never had a chemical in it".

No bug issues and no disease. They say compost tea helps prevent disease and if a plant is healthy and strong it is less likely to be invaded by critters. Don't know but lot's of people I know lost all their potatoes, had such bad gardens they tilled them up and quit for the year. These people are not bad at it they just forgot what it means to have healthy soil in a garden.

Looks are not important, food can look great but suck inside, even have GMO genes that might not be something you want in your body

Three 5 gallon "blue" worm bins on the floor left side stacked up. These are selling out fast along with 10 gallon bins. Soon I teach class at this store on gardens and composting. It has 6 people signed up already, and they class is not until not until Feb 20th. This is cool the network alive and growing along with our future.

It is going to be a good year...ain't got not choice it has to be
    ""we are what we eat""

Members

I think with a lot of these tea's its increasing the micro activity in the soil and on the plants. We use a spray called dipel for some insects. And all it is a BT bacteria. A lot of insects don't like laying eggs on healthy plants that have a lot of micro activity.

Members

Your right!

I sprayed ACT (bacteria based) on garden last summer, many I know that had gardens had a tomato disease and the plants died. My broccoli grew over 2 feet high with zero failure rate on any plant in the garden. I found a FREE 200 gallon sauna and pulled a air blower out of it then made tea with rain water and sheep compost. Sprayed it on garden,lawn and some young trees.

2010 I updated this thread
    I see yet another business advertising hydroponic plant food using bottled worm tea? Or what ever it is so far I am not convinced that it works in water based systems.

Seems better to have worms already in the bed producing castings that turn into a food as the water breaks it up and dilutes it than to try and use a the worm tea product as the only nutrient for growth. Besides it will develop a film slim inside chambers of the system.

Wormswork Liquid Concentrate

http://www.wormswork.com.au/home_garden/index.html
    ""we are what we eat""