Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Re: Oldandfound1 Greenhouse And Aquaponics

[attachment=1:1acl4qe6]Sump end view Painted.jpeg[/attachment:1acl4qe6]
    Peuse in use. Home Depot reject color. Somebody, a designer wasted someone else's time in line at the paint counter selecting this color and then returning it seeing how Peuse it was. I might have ten or more cans of designer reject in the garage. Love to have it handy. Probably put on another coat. Then expect to paint an attractive mural on the walls with the Peuse background from some other designer rejects. OK, so I won't ever show at the Louvre.
    [attachment=0:1acl4qe6]Chicken Run Out in the morning.jpeg[/attachment:1acl4qe6]
    Our chickens in the moments after the door swings open in the morning to turn them loose in the field.
    Dennis
    Oldandfound1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sump end view Painted.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	2611   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chicken Run Out in the morning.jpeg 
Views:	138 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	2612  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When you get to my age you cannot think of something without being reminded of something else.
    George Burns

I'm guessing my input was not that important
    I think if I ever did another . I would sink it 3 foot( yes I would get a backhoe ) deep or build 4' tall ferrocement walls for the thermal mass . This last week has been 100 so everything in the greenhouse is at a standstill as above 90 plants go into survival mode ,well except all the Pineapples they seem to love it .
    I dont see you having this problem but cold is just as bad
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

Members

HRM
    Like you said it is about heat loss. Agreeing to lower the bar reduced the chance of heat home front. Hmm - neglected to mention your logic which favored her position.
    When you get to my age you cannot think of something without being reminded of something else.
    George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandfound1
    HRM
    Like you said it is about heat loss. Agreeing to lower the bar reduced the chance of heat home front. Hmm - neglected to mention your logic which favored her position.
    ROFLMAO
    Well I was talking BTU but WTU are a more potent force by far . Still looks good even shorter !
    Have A Kind Day
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandfound1
    Peuse in use. Home Depot reject color. Somebody, a designer wasted someone else's time in line at the paint counter selecting this color and then returning it seeing how Peuse it was.
    My moitor lost one of it's primary colors, some time back.......If Peuse looks like that on my monitor now.....
    WOW, I wonder how Peuse , it really is ?.....
    I've got AP stuff to buy.....a new monitor is low on the list....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Peuse is the color you see after a baby pukes up strained peas.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

I think I like the peuse.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.-- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
    Simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought~fortune cookie

Members

Caught the sunset on our Animal Menagerie couple of nights ago in a telephoto from the patio.
    [attachment=2:3mc1idm6]Sunset on the Animals (Medium).jpeg[/attachment:3mc1idm6]
    For Puget Sounders temperatures in the 90's prevent me from getting outdoors. Blood pressure medications keep my heart at a constant @ 65 bpm, regardless of activity level. 15 minutes and I am ready to wring myself out.
    Stopped out on some errands yesterday and found myself near a carpet retailer. Around the side of the building was an old wooden dumpster with some pad. Just enough and then some to under line the Peuse Goose Sump.
    [attachment=1:3mc1idm6]Foaming the Sump (Medium).jpeg[/attachment:3mc1idm6]
    Still in a quandary about balancing water temperatures. If I insulate an under ground sump against the underground moderating temperature of around 45 degrees then the water will move closer to the air temperature seasonally. In Western Washington wintry days are in the 40's mostly daytime. Occasional 3-4 weeks some years of below freezing and snows.
    By the way total water volume, sump, fish tank, beds around a 1,000 gallons.
    Our summer temperatures are modestly in the 70's on pleasant days, sixties when overcast. Once, twice, maybe three times a summer as with this 5 day fore cast in the nineties. The insulated sump will not exchange away as well the higher temperature from the beds and water lines in the greenhouse. Catch 22.
    Now that all that is up in virtual space I have decided to forget about it and run a season. See what happens.
    Oh, evenings when it cools off the Mrs. and I get out and spring load the painted hoops and slip them over the galvanized 3' posts.
    [attachment=0:3mc1idm6]Grenhouse Hoops from North Wall (Medium).jpeg[/attachment:3mc1idm6]
    She is pleased to see it becoming something other than the perimeter ground work. Thinks it is just right.

Name:	Sunset on the Animals (Medium).jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	2615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foaming the Sump (Medium).jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	2616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grenhouse Hoops from North Wall (Medium).jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	2617  
    George Burns

Members

The first two hoops have 1 1/2" PVC purlins (3) in place. The cut off 3' on each end of the 40 foot hoop, a 1 1/2"tee, and and s short piece make up the gap. Tee's are facing downward for later attachment. Three purlins, three tees between each hoop. My shop was cool enough for a while mid-day to assemble some sections indoors. Eventually be a total of 9 Hoops for 32' length.
    I have looked nearly everywhere for Hoop Greenhouse UV, and No Drip 6 mil and thicker greenhouse cover. Anyone with experience in selecting from a supplier - advice appreciated.
    Taking advice for supplier of pool liner also.
    [attachment=0:2vgp2if6]Hoops x 5 side View (Medium).jpeg[/attachment:2vgp2if6]
    Enjoy your day,
    Dennis
    Oldandfound1

Name:	Hoops x 5 side View (Medium).jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	2618  
    George Burns

The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow