Members

Aquaponics in AZ

Have been growing in greenhouse for a bit over a year. Have two systems in it, one is 6 - half barrels and the other is a woodframe with liner.
    Jackbadflash has sold me fish twice. I am on my way to killing my first million tilapia. Have not had any luck yet. Have lots of goldfish, the are doing fine.
    Was having problems with alge, but used the biofilter give by Jack. Have it in operation in one system for a week and the second for a few day. The one system cleaned up nicely. Do have a couple of alge eaters in both tanks, but took much for them. Still have a lot of beads left, bought 1 cu. foot of them.

Still learning, plan to try Jack again for fish in a month or so.

Have grown a lot of lettce, starting on tomatoes, have some nice habenos. starting onions but going slowly.

Re: Aquaponics in AZ

Hi RRSTucson,

Sounds good....
    How about some pictures...?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Glad to see you here!

Feel free to brainstorm here about your tilapia issues. I always have fry, but lets figure out what is going wrong before we try more. I don't like cycling with goldfish before tilapia. They often carry diseases that tilapia can't deal with. The other issues are nearly always temperature or the system not cycled right.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Welcome to the show....pull up an easy chair, relax and stay awhile. New voices are always a welcome addition to our family..! Whatever questions you have on you mind, this is the place to get the answers.
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"