I figured I would do a layout of the system I am putting together so I can get some pro and con's on my thoughts.
Ok as you know I was going with a 1500 gallon tank using a 1800 GPH pump . I was going to use a 3000 or 4500 GPH pond filter with backwash (for my dirt plants ) .Most of these filters come with UV but from my understaning that can knock out some of your trace minerals the plants need ,so will just not plug it in . The commercial air pump has an output of 250 LPM (about 6 cfm) with several commercial 12" air membranes. I want to start out with about 4 -4'x6'x1' grow beds three running media and the 4th being a raft tank. The raft tank will also have an air membrane at the headwater just to dump some air and make sure my plants got good O2 for the roots . When I expand the greenhouse I will be able to add more grow beds . Fish load will be based on the system . I was leaning toward Tilapia but it is a PIA with the licenceing in Texas but I guess if I find nothing equal to or better I will just have to shell out more money to the state to make food arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
So any comments ,questions ,telling me I'm way off ,better ideas ?????????
I also am looking for any ideas on the GB's like I said I would like to do 4x6 a foot deep . I have come up with several ways ; Wood with pond liners . Wood with fiberglass resin and reinforced seams , Ferrocement . or completely out of fiberglass
Target Practice is Open!!!!!!!!
Have A Kind Day
Mike