Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Let's see your worm bins!

It was time to thin the herd:

The worm bins runneth over and the garden needs tea and castings!

My big score this month is Starbucks. Guess what they leave out back every night? Hundreds of pounds of coffee grounds! Man, the worms love them! It is looking like a mixture of newspaper, dirt and coffee grounds is all that you need. Of course the table scraps go in too, but for pure tonnage, Starbucks!
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

Hey folks been busy and all that but not idle. Here is some pics of bins I am selling and a worm harvester I built last summer made from recycled parts, it runs off single cordless screw driver battery or a small lawn mower battery. Main thing is it works and I can make money harvesting worms and selling castings. I set up a POS system at a local store and sell bins there as well. Plus they sell my garden veggies like carrots and potatoes. I still have carrots in the ground and they are "sweet" tasting. They are covered with leaves so frost does not get to them and all I do is dig them up and eat them. It's hard times here so food is as valuable as gas. And I am not kidding it's REAL tuff here right now.

Peace out and pray for Haiti!

[attachment=0:jf159cg2]IMG_0025.jpg[/attachment:jf159cg2]
    [attachment=1:jf159cg2]IMG_0014.jpg[/attachment:jf159cg2]
    [attachment=2:jf159cg2]IMG_0015.jpg[/attachment:jf159cg2]
    ""we are what we eat""

Members

forgot to send pics of the bins..these are 5 gallon but I sell 10 also. These are educational as well as functional because a side cover pops off and you can peek at them. Kids love it so do the classes so teachers want them as well. This store is called wildoatsnaturalfoods..and no there are no worms in the bins I sell them with no worms (empty) at the store OR they can pre pay 50% and I sell them a pre-established bin so they can simply take it home.

JEFF[attachment=0:13v8dpp4]IMG_0024.jpg[/attachment:13v8dpp4][attachment=1:13v8dpp4]IMG_0022.jpg[/attachment:13v8dpp4][attachment=2:13v8dpp4]IMG_0020.jpg[/attachment:13v8dpp4]
    ""we are what we eat""

Why a door in the side?

Members

its Plexiglas window, educational bins you can watch the worms
    ""we are what we eat""

Hey JeffW....welcome back to the "SHOW" It's great to hear from you again. The pics are tremendous...keep em coming and don't forget to come back real soon
    JCO
    Irish eyes are always smiling but
    • "In the eyes of the world, you are only as good as your last success"
    so never forget
    • "MAN IS ONLY LIMITED BY HIS IMAGINATION"

Looks like you have been busy ! Welcome back.

Members

at 12:10 PM the vet came and put our Maggie to sleep, she was a german shepard and one of those that are full of loyal love. We just buried her next to Lilac tree which is by garden. IF we can make it through these days I swear we can live through it all. Yes we have been busy and I know that being busy is a good way to say away from self sorrow so I shall continue being busy.

The red worms above are 250 of about 300,000 we have now. I counted them and weighed them on a digital scale. We harvested the first culture from a farm last summer and since then they have multiplied and grown in size.

They love corn smash/fermented corn best..but they love anything toxic and smelly. Rotten food mixed with horse crap is a favorite. For bins I do not recommend the horse crap and rotten food though.
    ""we are what we eat""

Jeff, sorry about your dog. 3 years ago we had to put down our dog of 15 years. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. I still choke up thinking about it. They really get to be part of you. We now have a 2 year old border collie hound mix. We love her too. Life goes on.

Members

Amen is does go on and thank you very much..I never had kids so these are my kids.

I wanted to say, I put her grave by lilac and garden and reason was that I want her DNA to become a part of the lilac and I see some roots in the grave so I Know that after the worms and compost kick in that Maggie will return to the Earth and the Lilac will have flowers this spring for Lyn and I to smell and celebrate with. Sounds heavy and it is but it is also real life and I like living in reality. To me this is what is so cool about quaponics, hydroponics and worms and on and on, that there is always a slight mystery to it all because it is life after all.
    ""we are what we eat""