The liquid that leaks out of an over wet worm bin is NOT worm tea. It is called leachate, and it is not nearly as beneficial to your plants as true worm tea. Leachate contains only minimal amounts of microbial life, and some of that is anaerobic. Sure, water your plants with it and it won't hurt, but it's not that great.

Worm tea is brewed by placing worm castings in dechlorinated water. Often an air bubbler is added, but I've not found molasses to be needed. The air bubbler ensures that it remains aerobic, which is what you want.

A bin that is properly wet should not have water running out of it. You want the bedding to be about as moist as a wrung out sponge. A little wetter and the worms will be fine, but again, if water is running out that is too much water.

A flow through bin is also very easy to make, and I have found that my worms process more food in my flow through bin than in my standard tub. I think it's do to airflow, since the bottom breathes as well as the top. Just a hypothesis, though.