Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Members

Re: WANTED -> I need a renerative blower

[video:16rk5jnu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziIoKT8T4Vg[/video:16rk5jnu]..
    Just got a call from SCOTT'S LAWN SPRAY as a "courtesy call" they wanted to tell me how so many of my neighbors are spraying "fertilizer" (yea right) and weed killer and wanted to know if we were interested in their services...I said NO we spray our own compost tea and then..........she was silent....a small voice said "Ah ehm OK thank you"

HA HA !!!!!
    ""we are what we eat""

ON TARGET!
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

....I'd loved to have seen the look on her face too, Jeff !

Wow...that puts out some serious air !
    I was wondering...How hot does your discharge pipe get Jeff ?
    When I was looking (dreaming) at Aquatic Eco-systems catalog........the section on blowers, had some metal pipe for the discharge side. I 'thought they said', pvc 'could' get so hot, it might start to get soft/melt (?)
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

My blower doesn't get very hot. Probably would if it wasn't moving air though. Mine is warm to the touch, but you can put your hand on it.
    The best fertilizer is the farmer's shadow

Members

Nope just warm..and it's been 90/F here and so humid you can't breath. But so far as I have tested it not hot. I need to run it with full load for 2-3 hours. Thanks for the heads up I was not aware of HIGH temps on the pipes. I can tell the OUT side get's warm and for TEA that is OK since 75/F is a good water temp for making tea.

I need a filter first before running it long..so far all is testing. Now the only part that get's hot is the center of the HUB where the blower fan is and it's not burning hot but hot still, this must be where a bearing is? And do these need to be cleaned? I want to take care of it but not take anything apart that ends up causing me a problem.

Just got a hard soaking wet rain here, less that 1 hour outside 250 gallon tote is half full then the rain stopped. it comes out that 4 inch PVC into the tote like a fire hose!
    ""we are what we eat""

OK...thanks guys...I was just wondering about the discharge tempts (?)

While dreaming about getting a blower, I saw this ......
    http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories ... /blowers/2

I wasn't sure 'if' they got 'that' hot...?

Jeff, here are some 'tech talks' on blowers, by aquatic eco...might be worth 'clicking' and reading ?
    http://www.aquaticeco.com/pages/full_wi ... ating-Tips

Also, here's some filters....don't know if they'll fit yours (?) Maybe you already have ordered some (?)
    http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories ... ters/BF4/0

Jeff....when the the outside tempts are in the 90's and so is the humidty....it's 'just' another summer day in central FL..... We'll get a break in the tempts, come halloween.....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - President Ronald Reagan

Members

Wow very good stuff thanks!!!

this bold type was from that second link...very true and it makes me feel good about that blower I just landed because it is not a wimp so it should do the job and not fail on me.The small motor may get through a temporary overload condition, but is not reliable for continuous duty. It will actually use more electricity, operate at a higher temperature and have a shorter life than a larger 1.0 service factor motor doing the same work

And this next one HA HA I was thinking this already that I would put a 2 way on there and make one as a bleeder because I messed with it as it is and even with some air bleeding out it was still working great, I need about 6% oxygen in that water. Bleed off as much excess air as you can while you still have as much air as you need. The blower will run cooler and use less power.
    This is a great site you sent thanks again...it's bookmarked

The one thing I wish was that it was 220 but it is not. Iron worker friend is electrician said they are more efficient. As for air filter I will make one (square or round) covered with a material like they use on A/C units something that keeps it clean but does not allow sandy dirty air in. I know the turbines do not like debris in the vanes as a former Jet Engine mech I seen what small pieces do to a fast spinning turbine. Blowers are electric motor jet engines minus a few hundred blades..
    ""we are what we eat""

Members

hi davidstcldfl, i just finished hooking up my regenerative blower earlier this week. i used 1 1/2 pvc pipe. so i did a little testing. greenhouse air temp was 93, blower housing temp 141.4, motor temp 122.3, 1st fitting after blower out to tanks 117.6, humidity was 84 % yesterday. today greenhouse air temp was 82, blower housing temp 114.4, motor temp 109.9, 1st fitting after blower out to tanks 103.4, humidity was 88% this morning. hope this helps Big Al

Thanks Big Al !...