Because it is not a recirculation system but merely water use by gravity feed and top-up - exactly as I do with my fish now because there is a very slow leak in the old reservoir that I keep the tilapia in - I will be using non-tech aeration techniques before the top-up water enters the pond.... flowforms and waterfalls. The flow-forms will guide the water from my top-up tank at the top of my food forest.... this increases humidy there too as it meanders through the food forest as well as oxygenating the water for the fish.... and then it will be guided to fall over a wide waterfall to fall in a thin sheet into the pond. This also adds ozone. Tilapia are not in need of oxygen dense water .... like trout for instance. They are doing really well and breeding with nothing more than top-up at the moment .... so draining off fish water for the worm beds will even improve water quality compared to what they have now because there will be more frequent top-up.

That is the current plan. I want low-tech and low maintenance all the way that I can manage it. The one pump I do have is necessary to draw up well water for the house, and so I will draw off of that tank as needed .... as I do now. I want very clean water for the fish. For the Food Forest I will have another system drawing off river water by way of a coil pump and ram pumps in continuous movement up to another top tank and leaking down into underground reservoirs under the pathways I am currently building.

I still have a way to go.... but building the whole integration step by step. The wormbeds will come last after the food forest and fish pond. These beds will be more of a speciality kitchen garden that I can enclose. Unfortunately the CDs did not work in chasing away the monkeys. It is very wid around here so maybe they are more hungry and determined. It only took them an afternnon to figure out these things were not going to hurt them. I hung plenty. Pity. But was worth a try so still appreciate the idea being suggested.

Chelle