Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Members

Re: The new school system...

Hi GreenPhoenix

All the best for the future and with your projects. I'm very much still learning all the tricks of the trade with sustainable living. Where we stay it's becoming a survival tactic throughout the country it seems. Our government is bent on destabilizing the farming industry and the result has been higher food prices and loss of farmers to other countries.

What I have found is that the more interdependent your sustainable living system is, the stronger it becomes. Mixing Aquaponics with raised grow beds, chickens, rabbits, composting etc etc, really make a difference. Good economics is essential too. People thought I was nuts hauling huge piles of horse manure to my house in my spare time. I've now got over 9m3 of composting bins. But when I start seedlings, I've got more than enough compost. Take the time to sit outside and watch nature and copy it.

If your future wife is in on the deal, that's awesome. My wife and I share researching and learning now. The end result is we are growing from strength to strength faster. Team work really helps.

Members

Re: The new school system...

the best in your future plans and marriage, tx is a great place to do what you want to do, it is still under the "land of the free" concept and not over regulated like some areas.