I'm currently in the process of setting up a new system. I'm using a 275 gal IBC container with 4 half barrels and a 4' x 4' x 7" flood table that tend to use as a floating raft system I have a 55 gallon barrel partially buried in the ground below my half barrels GB so the will drain into it, I have a 1000 gallon per hour pump that will return the water back to the FT.My setup is a CHIFT & PIST. I also plan on adding a 55 gallon Bio filter setup to the system in the future. My question right now has to do with the Bell Siphon setup. I've read many different threads on this subject. I've designed 2 different bell siphons one with a line coming from the top and zip tied to the side just above the bottom of the bell and the other without utilizing a 1 & 1/2" standpipe to a 2" wide mouth with a 3" dia Bell, I'm still having a problem with the breaking of the siphon on both designs. I also have to put some kind of weight on top of the bells to get the siphon to start, Is this normal? Is it because of the curved bottom of the barrels? How does the flow rate affect the bell siphons? I do have ball valves on the feeds. I'm trying to get them working without putting in the Hydrton in GB but this also seems like the grow media will take up a lot of the volume and will effect the flow rate also. Any help I would appreciate.