Quote Originally Posted by davidstcldfl
Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope
I bought an 8 foot pool the other day, going to put plywood on the concrete floor to break the cold temps, then I've got some closed-cell double side reflective 1" foam board to put on top of the plywood .....
How about a waterbed heater too ? I know, it may not be big enough 'KW wise'....but it would help 'some'. Might be able to find one cheap or even free...and they wouldn't use much electric.
You could lay another section of vinyl or something over the heater, just to add some protection to the pool liner (?)
I've got that 1000 watt bucket heater that badflash recommended .... that will sit somewhere in the center (if possible), then I will pump the water into a swirly, and out of that into the biofilter ..... it's still too cold here to have an AP system, it's snowing down south of us and feels like it's going to snow here today ...... this Global Warming is just killing my plans for an AP system this yeear .....

I don't know where I would find any waterbed heaters here, we usually scour the two thrift shops in Lewistown (approx 70 mi. round trip) whenever we go to town (Usually once or twice a week), but I have never yet seen a waterbed heater in either one.