This was my first green house made from 6MIL plastic (painters plastic) and a car port framing (the kind you can buy that have the top canvas) they are 2 inch metal pipes that all fit together and then you put the top over it and it becomes nothing more than a simple covered port. However I left the cover off and instead I enclosed the frame with 6 Mil plastic which cost me about $70. I will not use it again though because it cracked after 1 summer.

But the frame is great and since it is not all one piece it can be dismantled and moved or re potsitoned. The frame was about $230 if I remember right and I am glad I bought it even if the plastic was not a success. You can buy green house quality plastic for this idea and it will last much longer.

As for peeps using PVC and making their own small green house it is important to know that "IF" you use plastic it is best to keep it from contacting the pvc as it will react and deteriorate or at least this is what I am reading online. They call the PVC designed greened houses "hoop barns" or "hoop houses". It is a growing trend and a great way to start and not have to spend allot of money up front.

Anyway this was my first green house and I need to improve it but at least I know now what to do and not to do the success I feel I had on a scale of 1-10 was a 8 because I ended up with amazing growth even had snakes and praying mantis living inside. ..